|Elder Scroll (Dragon)|
| Base Value:|
|Type: Quest Item|
| FormID: |
Paarthurnax sends the Dragonborn to obtain the scroll. It is eventually found in the Tower of Mzark in the ancient Dwarven mine of Blackreach. This quest will be skipped if the Dawnguard questline was completed beforehand.
Once the Elder Scroll has been obtained, it needs to be read at the time wound atop the Throat of the World in order to learn Dragonrend. When activated, the Dragonborn will open the scroll and a blinding light will engulf their vision.
If the scroll was sold to Urag gro-Shub, the Dragonborn must buy the scroll back for 4,000 , if persuaded, it can be bought for 3,000 , or if the Dragonborn is the Arch-Mage, it can be bought for 2,000 .
After the questsEdit
If the scroll is read out of the Dragonborn's inventory, they will be temporarily blinded (the screen will go black) for approximately 3 minutes, in-game time, or 10 seconds in real time. The Dragonborn's vision will slowly come back shortly after reading the scroll.
- If read at the Time-Wound before speaking to Paarthurnax for the first time, the Dragonborn will simply be blinded, and nothing will happen. However, it can be read before telling Paarthurnax about it. If done, the Dragonborn will proceed to go back in time and learn Dragonrend.
- Once in inventory, the only way to get rid of it is to sell it to Urag gro-Shub.
- One can see what the inside of the Scroll looks like by crouching and peering at it when it is still held by the Dwarven Mechanism. This is also displayed on the "screen" of the Mechanism's controls.
This section contains bugs related to Elder Scroll (Dragon). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Trying to read the Elder Scroll while in a chest menu won't have any effect until the chest menu is exited - however when the scroll is opened normally, the screen may go black. The more times it is opened in the chest menu, the greater the effect will be upon exiting.
- If Dawnguard is completed, a bug can be used to obtain an infinite number of the "Dragon" Elder Scroll, if the Scroll was sold to Urag gro-Shub before installing Dawnguard. Simply uninstall then re-install Dawnguard. The "Dragon" Scroll will be in the Dragonborn's inventory, but can be bought back from Urag during the Scroll Scouting quest, which will cause the Dragonborn to have two identical "Dragon" Scrolls. This can be repeated as many times as wished.
- If the Elder Scroll was sold to Urag gro-Shub prior to installing Dawnguard, requiring the Dragonborn to buy it back from him during the quest Scroll Scouting, it will be stuck in inventory as a permanent quest item following the completion of the Dawnguard storyline. Dexion Evicus will buy back the Blood and Sun Elder Scrolls, but not the Dragon Elder Scroll, as it is needed for the main storyline. It also cannot be re-sold to Urag gro-Shub.
- If you open your inventory and read it underwater you will have the ability to shout in water and if in Third-person you appear to be walking.