|The Thu'um imbues your arms with the speed of wind, allowing for faster weapon strikes.|
|Recharge||30, 40, 50|
|Locations||Statue to Meridia|
- Main article: Dragon Shouts
Elemental Fury is a Dragon Shout in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. The Elemental Fury adds "wind speed" to any melee weapon. Each rank of the shout increases attack speed by 50%, 75%, and 100% respectively. After learning and unlocking the 3rd word, the attack speed of any melee weapon is doubled with this shout.
- The duration of the speed effect is 15 seconds. This shout cannot be used on enchanted weapons, even if there is only one enchantment on the weapon and the player has the Extra Effect perk. The exception to this is Mehrunes' Razor.
- This shout cannot be used on bound weapons due to their perk unlockable enchantments. This shout cannot be used on bows even without enchantments. It can be shouted but no effect happens.
Using with a pickaxe will increase the speed at which you mine, if you strike the vein yourself. Using this shout along with dual wielding daggers or a dagger in left hand in another weapon in the right (with the Dual Flurry perk at max level) is extremely effective, when the shout is maxed the daggers can hit about 5 times per second, killing most enemies quickly. At lower levels, Valdr's Lucky Dagger is great for this as it is considered unenchanted by the game and has a very good extra effect (25% critical hit chance). When Dual Wielding weapons, the shout's effect is only applied to the weapon in the Left Hand, since that is the one that affects the speed of your dual wielding power attacks. This will allow you to wield an enchanted weapon, such as one with a Paralyzing effect, in the Right Hand. This enables multiple combat strategies for you to use, instead of defaulting to whittling down the enemies health until it's dead. Despite this, the inventory screen shows both weapons having elemental fury applied to them.
While dual wielding Daggers, using Critical Charge and Dual Flurry perk, this shout can be the fastest way to travel in Skyrim besides Fast Travel and Console Commands. By using critical charge to perform a lunge, and the speed of daggers with Elemental Fury will cause the player to be launched extremely fast through the world. Use this shout to improve the speed of slow weapons like greatswords, maces, battle axes and war hammers. It maximizes speed while keeping the damage of those weapons.
Locations: Dragontooth Crater, Shriekwind Bastion, and Statue to Meridia
|HET NOK FJOLDMOD BeiN-SU WO|
PooK OL POGaaS NAU GOL OL
OK KOPRaaN DREH NU KO GOLT
|Here lies Fjoldmod Foul-Air who|
stank as much on earth as
his body does now in (the) ground.
|QETHSEGOL VahRUKIV KRIL|
THJODREK WO Dir ZOHUNGaaR
KO GRah DO VITH OKaaZ
|(This) stone commemorates (the) brave|
Thjodrek who died heroically
in (the) battle of (the) Serpent Sea.
|QETHSEGOL VahRUKIV PaaZ|
KULaaS YRSA WO ENSOSIN
Pah DO TaaZOKaaN VOTH
EK DUN ahRK BRii
|(This) stone commemorates (the) fair|
Princess Yrsa who bewitched
all of Tamriel with
her grace and beauty.
- The wind sound effect may stay looping once the shout is cast. This can be fixed by removing the weapons from the favorties list, selecting a Staff of Sparks through the normal menu, and using it on an actual target, to finally switch back to the old weapons. This may work with any staff, but its effect must hits an applicable target. Transforming into werewolves' Beast Form also fixes this.
- When used with a lethal sneak attack, knocks back the player -especially dangerous near cliffs.
- When dual-wielding daggers, using this shout may not affect the speed of the dual power attack.
- There are several reports of the wall beside the Statue of Meridia doing nothing. Fixing this can be done by fast-travelling to Solitude, saving manually, restarting the console, and going back to the wall on foot.
- A more effective way of getting the word wall to activate is to save directly in front of the word and restart the system. Once the game is reloaded the word will be learnt.
- The wind effect may remain on the weapon, making it unenchantable. The weapon can then be disenchanted to give the Elemental Fury effect.
- The Elemental Fury effect can be obtained for enchantment on weapons by using the shout on a bow, sheathing it, then equiping another weapon and disenchanting it at an enchanting table. Note: The Elemental Fury effect has no mechanical effect on a weapon it is enchanted onto--It will only create the wind sounds and visual effects. The effect will stay even if you sheathe the weapon, unequip it or drop it. The power level of the enchantment has no effect.
- There is a glitch that permanently slows down the player's weapons while not using this shout. Weapon speed is halved.
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked For Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|