|Essential||Yes, before completion of Season Unending|
Reading the Thalmor Dossier of Ulfric Stormcloak reveals that the Thalmor captured Ulfric during the Great War thirty years before the Dragon Crisis. Elenwen served as Ulfric's interrogator and torturer. It is also implied that she is the daughter of Lord Naarifin, the leader of the Thalmor during the Great War, making her the heiress of the Dominion.
Elenwen plans a reception, inviting some of the most prominent and affluent citizens of Skyrim. The Dragonborn attends the party, disguised as a guest, to recover intelligence regarding the Dragon Crisis and learns that a member of the Blades, named Esbern, is being hunted by the Thalmor due to his knowledge of dragonlore.
Elenwen appears at the Greybeards' peace conference in High Hrothgar, assuring her presence is only to ensure that the White-Gold Concordat is upheld. Ulfric Stormcloak asks her to leave, claiming she has no place in Skyrim's politics, and the presence of a Talos-hater is a deliberate provocation against him. General Tullius allows the Dragonborn to decide whether or not she stays. Her involvement in the following discussions is minimal; her presence has no real impact on the conference. She will, however, ask Ulfric why he reacted as such, arguing that it is not the Aldmeri Dominion who is killing his people.
- During the opening cutscene of the game, just after entering Helgen, she can be seen on horseback speaking to General Tullius.
- Elenwen was the name of an Altmer sorceress found at Dun-Ahhe in The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind.
- Her voice actor is Jean Gilpin, who also lends her voice to Boethiah and Meridia.
- Elenwen appears near Helgen if the Dragonborn returns there shortly after Alduin's attack.
- If spoken to on the road, she will mention "seeing you somewhere before" because she was also present in Alduin's attack on Helgen. She will not be hostile, though.
- She will also sometimes be found outside the Thalmor Embassy after fast traveling there.