If following the Dark Brotherhood side quests, the Dragonborn may be tasked with killing his brother. If this has been done, he will sometimes begin dialogue by saying, "Something you need, you miserable wretch?" even if his brother was killed in secret. He will also use unique dialogue depending on the Dragonborn's race. Elrindir gives no other indication that he is upset about his brother's death and will not send thugs after his killer.
One day, whilst hunting under the influence of some mead, Elrindir and his brother went out hunting; however, Anoriath mistook Elrindir for a deer and fired an arrow into his "rump." Thus, the two brothers decided upon the humorous moniker "Drunken Huntsman."
- "Ah Kinsman, how my heart soars to look upon a (brother/sister) Bosmer, please how can I serve your hunting needs?" (If the Dragonborn is a Bosmer.)
- "Hello My <Player Race> friend, in the market for some hunting supplies?"
- "Something you need, you miserable wretch?" (If the Dragonborn killed his brother.)
- Drunken Huntsman, sometimes Elrindir will attack them for no reason.
. When the Dragonborn enters the
- Fixed by assaulting a Whiterun guard, (with fists), and choosing to pay off the bounty.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)