If following the Dark Brotherhood side quests, the Dragonborn may be tasked with killing his brother. Once done so, he will sometimes begin dialogue by saying, "Something you need, you miserable wretch?" even if his brother is killed in secret. He will also use unique dialogue depending on the Dragonborn's race. Elrindir gives no further indication that he is upset about his brother's death, and will not send Hired Thugs after the Dragonborn.
One day, whilst hunting under the influence of some mead, Elrindir and his brother went out hunting; however, Anoriath mistook Elrindir for a deer and fired an arrow into his "rump".
- Rescue Mission-The player will receive this radiant quest from Vilkas and must travel to a random location to rescue him.
- "Ah Kinsman, how my heart soars to look upon a (brother/sister) Bosmer, please how can I serve your hunting needs?"
- "Hello My <Player Race> friend, in the market for some hunting supplies?"
- Drunken Huntsman, sometimes Elrindir will attack the player for no reason. The only way to fix this is reload a previous save (for a possible fix, see addendum). This may be caused by attacking a Thalmor or Imperial patrol before freeing the prisoner then he will become hostile. If you free prisoner first then you can kill the Thalmor Justicar patrol and Elrindir will not attack you.
. When the player enters the
- Uthgerd the Unbroken exhibits the same behavior; Addendum:
- Addendum: Issue was fixed by assaulting a Whiterun Guard (with fists) and choosing to pay off the 40 septim bounty. Stolen goods were stashed.