|Class: Light Armor|
|Upgrade Material: Refined Moonstone|
|Perk: Elven Smithing|
Typically worn by Thalmor soldiers, Elven Armor can be crafted, purchased, or found as random loot. It has the third lowest armor rating of the craftable light armor sets, after leather and hide. It is, however, the lightest craftable armor and the second lightest overall, being preceded only by the Ancient Shrouded Armor.
Elven Armor is available in two variants:
- Elven Armor - The regular variant. Unenchanted pieces will begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 12 and enchanted variants can be found at level 13.
- Elven Light Armor - A weaker variant. Pieces appear throughout Skyrim from level 1.
In addition, a stronger cuirass called Elven Gilded Armor is available.
General locations include:
- Blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Found as random loot in chests.
- Randomly encountered Thalmor patrols can be found wearing the light variant at level 1 and the regular variant at level 12.
- Random roadside thieves may wear this armor.
- Several sets of light armor are worn by the Thalmor Warrior and archers in Northwatch Keep from level 1.
- Several sets of regular armor are worn by the Thalmor warriors and archers in Northwatch Keep after level 12.
- A set of regular armor is always worn by a Thalmor archer in Northwatch Keep, even after level 36, regardless the others switched into Glass Armor.
- Elven Gilded Armor can be found on Thalmor after level 27.
Attributes by pieceEdit
|Piece||Leather Strips||Leather||Iron Ingot||Refined Moonstone||ID|
|Total (with shield)||79||11||540||10||4||5||13||–|
|Total (without shield)||58||7||425||8||4||4||9||–|
|Piece||Leather Strips||Leather||Iron Ingot||Refined Moonstone||Quicksilver Ingot||ID|
|Elven Gilded Armor||35||4||550||3||–||1||4||1||0001392A|
|Total (with shield)||85||11||865||10||3||5||13||1||–|
|Total (without shield)||64||7||550||8||3||4||9||1||–|
Elven Light ArmorEdit
|Elven Light Armor||26||4||125||00105F12|
|Elven Light Boots||7||1||25||00105F11|
|Elven Light Gauntlets||7||1||25||00105F13|
|Elven Light Helmet||12||1||60||00105F14|
- Elven Armor uses an eagle motif in its design. This is reference to the Altmer's chief deity, Auri-El.
- Many Nords, especially Stormcloaks, often laugh at the Dragonborn if wearing Elven Armor, saying, "Hah, Elven Armor eh? What's wrong with good old Nord Steel?"