Although powerful, they are uncommon at early levels. These arrows can be crafted into Sunhallowed Elven ArrowsDG by Knight-Paladin Gelebor, which causes sunburst attacks to any hostile targets around the Dragonborn if shot at the sun with Auriel's Bow. Additionally, they may be turned into Bloodcursed Elven ArrowsDG by Serana, which blocks out the sun completely for the rest of the day.
- Thalmor Soldiers tend to carry these arrows.
- Sometimes merchants in the major cities carry them, but only in limited supply and once a certain level is reached.
- Elven arrows may be found in a chest in the Thieves Guild training room.
- If you have access to the Thieves Guild training room and are around level 33 or higher, Niruin will occasionally practice with elven arrows for very long periods of time. You can collect the arrows once they've hit the target. After he's fired 8 arrows, they will start to disappear, so grab them each time he switches targets to be safe.
- Two Elven arrows can be found next to Proudspire Manor, on top of the Bards College.
- Alvor may carry them in his inventory.
- Rarely found on higher-level bandits, thieves, and other enemies that occasionally wield bows.
- Can be bought 200 at a time by Hestla in Castle Volkihar or Sorine Jurard in Fort Dawnguard, depending on which faction is sided with in the Dawnguard questline.
- At level 13+, Dwarven Centurions have a chance of spawning these arrows.
- With the Dawnguard expansion, Elven Arrows can be crafted at a blacksmith's forge in sets of 24. The required materials to craft Elven Arrow are: 1x Refined Moonstone and 1x Firewood.
- There is a small amount of arrows on a balcony in Castle Dour, next to Firiniel's End, during or after the quest "Bound Until Death."
- Redoran Guards (Dragonborn) will carry these arrows.