The Elven sword has a broad double-edged blade that has a very light and shiny look. The crossguard is small, in the shape of wings, and has metal stripes on every side.
Unenchanted Elven swords will begin to appear throughout Skyrim at level 19 and enchanted swords can be found at level 20. These locations include:
- blacksmiths and general goods merchants.
- Wielded by various characters or enemies.
- Found as random loot in chests or as a world item throughout Skyrim.
- Inside a display case within the Jarl's quarters of Dragonsreach.
- On the inside of the counter on a built-in shelf in the Black-Briar Meadery.
- Carried by Redoran guards in Dragonborn.
- In the Forgotten Vale,DG an Elven sword can be found in a skeleton, up a path leading to the frozen lake where the dragons Voslaarum and Naaslaarum will spawn. This path can be found just south-west of the Wayshrine of Learning.
- As a reward for killing General Tullius during the Stormcloak side of the Civil War questline. May also be enchanted depending on the Dragonborn's level.
- The Khajiit trader Ma'randru-jo will have an Elven sword, regardless of level.
It can be upgraded with a refined moonstone ingot at a grindstone. The Elven Smithing perk doubles the improvement.