Endon is a Redguard silversmith who lives with his family in the city of Markarth, the capital of The Reach. He will become a Fence for the Dragonborn after the quest Silver Lining has been completed for the Thieves Guild.
He wanders around Markarth with his daughter Adara during much of the daytime, and regularly visits the jewelry stall of his wife Kerah over at the market square. In the evening, he and his family will spend time in the Silver-Blood Inn with several of Markarth's other citizens. His house is located right next to that of Ogmund. One of Skyrim's easter eggs can be found inside the family's house.
Like all other fences that are unlocked through the Thieves Guild questlines, Endon has a gold limit of 4000. Due to his nearness to the Dragonborn's house of Vlindrel Hall, he is one of the most convenient fences in terms of location.
Endon may be the target for this radiant Companions quest.
Kerah "What am I supposed to do? Never leave the house? You want that, Endon?"
Endon "You're closing the stall, and that's final."
Kerah "You want to give up now? Out of fear? Is that what we're teaching our daughter?"
Adara "Mama, why are you and papa fighting?"
Endon "We're not fighting, we're just...Why don't I get you something to eat? Mama and papa will talk later."
Endon "How are the necklaces selling, my wife? We could make more."
Kerah "I'm afraid the necklaces aren't selling well. Customers aren't interested in medallions and engraved symbols of other provinces."
Endon "Hmph. Used to be everyone in Markarth wore a necklace showing his home province, from Elsweyr, to High Rock, to Hammerfell and Cyrodiil..."
Kerah "We don't take travelers from Hammerfell or High Rock anymore, Endon. Only natives from Markarth and Skyrim."
Endon "As they always have, along with those crazed Forsworn. They've driven off the color that used to make this city great."
Kerah "I need to get back to the customers. We'll talk more of this when I get home tonight."
- I prefer working silver. More skill needed than forging iron or steel."
- "I work silver, like my father, and his father before him."
- "My daughter Adara is also my apprentice. She's a quick study."
- "My wife Kerah runs our jewellery stall in the market."
- Through random dialogue with his daughter and wife in the Silver-Blood Inn, Endon reveals that he has a son named Cade who has joined the Stormcloaks. He also mentions that if he had been younger, he would have made the same choice Cade did. However, Cade doesn't make any actual appearances in-game.
- Endon seems to be skeptical about the future of the Empire. When Adara asks him if she can join the Imperial Legion when she grows up, he responds by saying, "If there's still a Legion left."