Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Casting it converts 25 Health into 25 Magicka per second, which may be very useful if the caster needs magicka and is taking cover. The spell may be cast continuously without pause, but the caster needs to take care in doing so, as this action may cause death.
- By dual-wielding Equilibrium and an efficient Restoration spell like Fast Healing, it is possible to restore both Health and Magicka at the same time, while also leveling Restoration. However, this is only feasible with a decent Restoration skill level and spell cost reductions; Healing, for example, is usually not powerful enough to counter Equilibrium's Health drain, and in either case is an extremely slow way to recover.
- This spell has good synergy with the Argonian ability Histskin.
- The Dragon Priest Mask Konahrik and the Avoid Death perk (which can only be used once per day) are helpful for offsetting the danger of dying by overcasting Equilibrium.
- Combining this spell with the spell Vampiric Drain is useful, as long as the Dragonborn has a high enough Destruction skill to absorb enough health.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 250
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
This spell tome is found in Labyrinthian Chasm in the room with the Arcane Enchanter. In order to access the area of Labyrinthian in which the tome is located, the Dragonborn must use the Torc of Labyrinthian, obtained from Mirabelle Ervine during the College of Winterhold's quest to find the Staff of Magnus. Note that it is possible to obtain the tome upon return to Labyrinthian Chasm afterwards.
- Because it costs no Magicka to cast, Equilibrium is not affected by the Novice Alteration perk.
- Casting Equilibrium can activate the Restoration perk Avoid Death (available at Restoration skill level 90), healing the Dragonborn 250 points when their health reaches 10%.
- The Health-drain aspect of this spell is affected by the game difficulty, which means that when playing on Master, 50 health per second is drained instead of 25, while only 25 magicka per second is gained.
- It cannot be cast if the Dragonborn has no Magicka despite being used to restore it.
|Candlelight • Detect Dead • Detect Life • Dragonhide • Ebonyflesh • Equilibrium • Magelight • Mass Paralysis • Midden Torch • Oakflesh |
Paralyze • Ironflesh • Stoneflesh • Telekinesis • Transmute Mineral Ore • Waterbreathing
|Ash Shell • Ash Rune|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Alteration Ritual Spell • Mage Armor • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Alteration trainers|