- For other uses, see Esbern.
Esbern's Potion is a potion found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Esbern's Potion is obtained as a reward for completing the quest "Dragon Research" given by Esbern.
When given one dragon bone and one dragon scale, Esbern brews the Dragonborn a bottle of Esbern's Potion that must be drunk in order to receive the permanent ability Dragon Infusion.
The Dragonborn takes 25% less melee damage from dragons (The revised and expanded guide says 10%).
Dragonslayer's Blessing: 10% increased Critical Hit Chance vs. Dragons for 5 days.
This section contains bugs related to Esbern's Potion. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Please reload an old save to confirm if the bug is still happening.
- If the bug is still occurring, please post the bug report with the appropriate system template 360 / XB1 , PS3 / PS4 , PC / MAC , NX , depending on which platform(s) the bug has been encountered on.
- Be descriptive when listing the bug and fixes, but avoid having conversations in the description and/or using first-person anecdotes: such discussions belong on the appropriate forum board.
- PC 360 PS3 Upon drinking the potion, the ability is not shown in the active effects menu.
- This bug has been fixed by the official patch 1.9.
- PC A solution is to add the perk manually using the console by typing