A prisoner has escaped and the Companions have been hired to track them down then kill them. The Dragonborn must track and eliminate the prisoner. Afterwords, return to Skjor or Vilkas to receive a leveled reward of gold.
In order to obtain this quest, the Dragonborn will need to talk to Skjor or Vilkas, depending on how far they are within the Companions questline, who will request that they track and eliminate an escaped prisoner within a specific hold. The difficulty is in locating the prisoner, as they will continue to move, and should their location be fast-traveled to, they may have moved. Several considerations should be noted, including:
- The prisoner may seek refuge within a bandit hideout.
- If the prisoner is killed before the Dragonborn can reach them, the quest will still complete as if the Dragonborn did eliminate them.
- In order to remove any possibility of incurring a bounty, the prisoner can be talked to, triggering them to attack the Dragonborn.
- The prisoner will keep to using roads, and as such, if the Dragonborn waits along a road, it is possible that the prisoner will pass by, unless they reach a bandit hideout.
- Should the prisoner be confronted whilst traveling through a town, it is possible that the local residents will assist in eliminating them.
|There is an escaped criminal wandering <radiant Hold>. I'm supposed to track him down and kill him.
|I killed an escaped criminal in <radiant Hold>.
This section contains bugs related to Escaped Criminal. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
|Click to see the list of bugs encountered|
|The Companions Quests|
|Main Quest||Take Up Arms • Proving Honor • The Silver Hand • Blood's Honor • Purity of Revenge • Glory of the Dead|
|Radiant Quests||Animal Extermination • Hired Muscle • Trouble in Skyrim • Family Heirloom • Escaped Criminal |
Rescue Mission • Striking the Heart • Stealing Plans • Retrieval
Totems of Hircine • Purity • Dragon Seekers