|Have an image that helps illustrate this quest?|
Then please upload it!
For more information please consult our image policies
|Quest Giver||Skjor / Vilkas|
|Type||Companions, Radiant quest|
A prisoner has escaped and the Companions have been hired to track them down then kill them. The Dragonborn must track and eliminate the prisoner. After the prisoner is killed, the Dragonborn should return to Skjor or Vilkas to receive a leveled reward of gold.
In order to obtain this quest, the player needs to talk to Skjor or Vilkas, depending on how far they are within the Companions questline, who will request that they track and eliminate an escaped prisoner within a specific hold. The difficulty is in locating the prisoner, as they will continue to move, and should their location be fast-traveled to, they will not be there. Several considerations should be noted, including:
- The prisoner may seek refuge within a bandit hideout.
- Should the prisoner be killed before the player can reach them (for example during a vampire attack) then the quest will still complete as if the player did eliminate them.
- In order to remove any possibility of incurring a bounty, the prisoner can be talked to, triggering them to attack the player.
- The prisoner will keep to using roads, and as such, if the player waits along a road, it is possible that the prisoner will pass by, unless they reach a bandit hideout.
- Should the prisoner be confronted whilst traveling through a town, it is possible that the local residents will assist the player in eliminating them.
There is an escaped criminal wandering <radiant Hold>. I'm supposed to track him down and kill him.
I killed an escaped criminal in <radiant Hold>.
|Click to see the list of bugs encountered|
|The Companions Quests|
|Main Quest||Take Up Arms • Proving Honor • The Silver Hand • Blood's Honor • Purity of Revenge • Glory of the Dead|
|Radiant Quests||Animal Extermination • Hired Muscle • Trouble in Skyrim • Family Heirloom • Escaped Criminal |
Rescue Mission • Striking the Heart • Stealing Plans • Retrieval
Totems of Hircine • Purity • Dragon Seekers