The Staff of MagnusEdit
Traversing Labyrinthian, the Dragonborn searches for the fabled Staff of Magnus, which is needed to control the Eye of Magnus. Morokei, a Dragon Priest, holds the staff and must be battled to obtain it. The battle is difficult and recommended for levels 20 and above.
Estormo is found in the room before the exit, where he opens the door to greet them before trying to forcefully take it from them.
"So, you made it out of there alive. Ancano was right... you are dangerous. I'm afraid I'll have to take that Staff from you now. Ancano wants it kept safe... oh, and he wants you dead. Nothing personal."
Get out of my way. "You fool, you don't stand a chance."
I have no quarrel with you. "I am afraid you do."
- Estormo can be attacked as soon as he opens the door. This can be done from afar with spells or archery, or even telling a follower to attack him. If he is attacked in this manner, he will not fight back, but rather flee and complain (i.e., "What are you doing?").
This section contains bugs related to Estormo. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Estormo may not appear in Labyrinthian.
- If the Dragonborn sneaks up on him he will approach and speak to them. If they then hide and approach him again, he will not attack, even if he detects them. Doing this, one can sneak around and backstab him, or avoid the fight.
- It is possible to yield while fighting him.
- If the Dragonborn's weapons are drawn when approaching him, then immediately sheath them when done talking to him, he will not fight them.