After completing several quests for one of the ten Knight Orders of the Iliac Bay, the Agent will be accepted into said Order. From that point on they will have to make their way up the internal rank ladder to gain more lucrative and noteworthy quests, to improve their reputation.
- Speak with a Quester from a joined Knight Order.
- Journey to and enter the target dungeon.
- Track down the mummy and destroy it.
- Escape back to the Quester before the time limit expires to complete the quest.
Having joined and completed some noteworthy tasks for a Knight Order, the Agent will be asked by one of the Order's Questers to investigate a nearby dungeon. The Quester reveals that the dungeon is the property of a local Noble, and serves as the burial ground for their family. Unfortunately their great, great, great grand mother is thought to have been resurrected, and must be destroyed.
An Ancestor's RevengeEdit
The great, great, great grand mother was preserved before her burial, meaning she will appear as a mummy within the tomb. The Agent must hunt her down within the dungeon, battling their way through the usual variety of creatures and humanoids. Among those creatures will likely be several other mummies, with the only method for the Agent to know when they have killed the target coming when a notification appears.
Once the target mummy has been destroyed, the Agent must return to the Quester before the time limit expires.
The Agent will not receive any physical reward for completing the quest successfully, but will instead get a huge boost to their reputation within the region. The penalties for failing the quest remain true to a usual quest:
|Eternal Rest - b0b60y12|
[Quester's name] of Questers in [town] charged me with the duty of cremating the corpse of [noble's name]'s ancient ancestor in [dungeon]. There is a chance it is an undead horror, which will need to be put to rest. I have [x] days to finish the quest.
- When asked for any news, NPCs will make a variety of comments depending on the current stage of the quest:
- "[Noble's name] is a superstitious fool, but [his/her] great grandmother was an odd one."
- "[Noble's name] comes a strange family. Maybe [his/her] great grandmother is a zombie."
- "[Noble's name]'s great, great grandmother was undead after all! How about that?"
- "[Knightly order] looked into [noble's name] story and, I guess, decided it was a hoax."
|The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall – Knight Orders|
|Allies of Daggerfall||Knights of the Dragon • Knights of the Owl|
|Allies of Wayrest||Knights of the Flame • Knights of the Rose • Order of the Raven|
|Allies of Sentinel||Host of the Horn • Knights of the Hawk • Knights of the Wheel • Order of the Candle • Order of the Scarab|
|Non-member Quests||The Traitor • The Hunter • Band of Orcs • Pest Control|
|Member Quests||Rescue a Princess • Retribution • Crazed Orc Mercenary • The Orcish Hoard • The Orc Raids • Giant Raiding • Banish the Ghost • Eternal Rest|
|Elite Member Quests||The Dragonslayer • Invasion from Oblivion • Artifact of Power • The Army of the Undead • The Lost Artifact|
|Services||Quester • Seneschal • Smith|