- Talk to the residents of Darkwater Crossing.
- Go to Darkwater Pass.
- Find Derkeethus and rescue him.
- Get Derkeethus out of the cave.
Enter Darkwater Pass and turn left. There is a chest to the right near the entrance as well as a burial urn. Follow the path until coming to a waterlogged clearing. Here you will face off against some leveled Falmer foes. Take the path which was on the right. You will encounter a chaurus here. Go up the stairs until you reach a room with two doors and a trapdoor in the middle. Looking down the trap door, you could see Derkeethus.
In the room to the left, to the right of the entrance is a discrete lever that is extremely hard to see. Pull it and a stone wall opens up. Follow it down until you see Derkeethus. A conversation prompt will start and he asks you to rescue him. You can either pick the expert level lock or search the burial urn just inside his cell for the key. Escort him out of the cave and back to Darkwater Crossing. He will then tell you that he wishes to follow you on journeys in the future.
|Extracting an Argonian – DarkwaterCrossingDerkeethusRescueQuest|
|10||One of the fisherman from Darkwater Crossing has gone missing, allegedly kidnapped by a group of Falmer nearby.
|200||I rescued Derkeethus from the Falmer of Darkwater Pass, and he's returned to his home in Darkwater Crossing.
- Even if one has not talked to the residents of Darkwater Crossing before encountering Derkeethus, once dialogue is initiated with him the player will get the objective "Get Derkeethus out of the cave," and the quest will continue as normal.
This section contains bugs related to Extracting an Argonian. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Sometimes, none of the Darkwater Crossing residents will offer the quest. However, one can simply skip this part of the quest by going directly to Darkwater Pass and finding Derkeethus.