During character customization, players must choose from one of three Alliances; the Aldmeri Dominion, the Daggerfall Covenant, and the Ebonheart Pact. Players are able to join various Guilds, regardless of their Alliance, and these include the Mages Guild, the Fighters Guild, and the Undaunted. The Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood will be added in-game post-launch. Other factions offer quests, but cannot be joined, such as the Great Houses of Morrowind. Many factions can only be interacted with in particular regions, for example the Maulborn in Deshaan, the Bloodthorn Cult in Glenumbra, or the Veiled Heritance in Auridon and other Aldmeri Dominion regions, however, players are able to experience another Alliance's content when they reach level 50, via Veteran Levels.
The Mages Guild appear in The Elder Scrolls Online. One way to increase reputation with this faction is to search Tamriel for hidden Lore books. Sufficient reputation increase will unlock additional skills, perks and abilities.
The Fighters Guild is a joinable faction in this game. One way to increase reputation in this guild is to destroy Dark Anchors of Molag Bal. With enough reputation, new skills and abilities will be unlocked.
The Undaunted is a guild involved in dungeons, and has its own unique skill line.
The Thieves Guild is dedicated to the gathering and training of those who are stealthy and shadowy in nature. Although criminal by its very definition, for untold years, local authorities in places throughout Tamriel have tolerated the existence of the guild for its role as "Crime Regulator".
The Dark Brotherhood is a guild of professional assassins which historically possessed considerable influence and power but has recently fallen on considerably harder times.
- A Khajiiti faction. Zulana claims to be a member of it, and that they train "below Temple of Two-Moons Dance"
Written in several books
A bandit group located in Rivenspire.
A Cyrodiil group of bandits.
A Craglorn faction.
Group of Crows located in Crow's Wood.
A Dremora group located in the Dragonstar Arena.
The defenders of the village (and ancient tree) known as Brackenleaf.
The group that is responsible for attacking northern Valenwood.
Confirmed to be in the game, and plays a role in the politics of the Aldmeri Dominion.
A collection of fierce warriors who honored the ways of the original five hundred companions that arrived in Tamriel with their leader, the legendary Ysgramor. Once spread out throughout the provinces, a fraction of the once great army is what remains in Skyrim. The Companions are a well known and respected group, who deal with threats that endanger the lives of the commoners.
A group inhabiting Fardir's Folly.
A minor bandit group, located in Khenarthi's Roost.
A clan of Reachmen dedicated to gaining control of the Reach.
A clan of Wood Orcs located in the region of Malabal Tor.
A group whose sole purpose is paying homage to the wandering city of Falinesti
- One of the Great Houses of Morrowind.
- One of the Great Houses of Morrowind.
A Breton noble house in Rivenspire, originating from Shornhelm. Led by Lady Lleraya Montclair, they are at war with the rulers of Rivenspire, mainly by turning towns, such as Moira's Hope, into Bloodfiends.
House Redoran is one of the Great Houses of Morrowind that have joined the Ebonheart Pact.
A Rivenspire faction of Bretons.
House Telvanni is one of the Great Houses of Morrowind. They are known as the wizard-lords who prefer to pursue wisdom and mastery in solitude. House Telvanni refused to join the Ebonheart Pact, causing inner conflict in the province of Morrowind.
A group of Orcs residing in Craglorn.
A group of pirates that have overtaken Haven.
A faction operating in the [[Imperial City (Online)]|Imperial City]].
Stormhaven smugglers and bandits.
Worshippers of Hermaeus Mora.
The "Ra Gada" of Malabal Tor are a faction that appears in Velyn Harbor.
A Clan of Reachmen.
A group of bandits in Glenumbra.
Khajiiti Privateers in Morrowind and Argonia.
A group of people devoted to Stendarr, and author of several books.
Daggerfall Covenant intelligence network.
A Betnikh Clan of Orsimer.
A collection of Maormer that are allied with the Veiled Heritance to try and overthrow the Aldmeri Dominion. This faction makes multiple appearances in numerous quests and locations in the Aldmeri Dominion Storyline.
- Mentioned as located at Vulkhel Guard Outlaws Refuge.
- Mentioned in the note, Veiled Heritance - Be Warned</ref>
- Faction operating in cyrodiil.
- Related Quest: Pious Intervention
A faction of warriors located in Dragonstar Arena.
A faction of worshippers that appears in Fungal Grotto II
A faction residing in Craglorn.
A tribe of Goblins.
Group of Molag Bal worshippers in Reaper's March.
A clan of Reachmen.
Also known as the Stormfist Brigade. This group is located in Eastmarch.
Faction of Guards throughout Tamriel.
They have continued animosity towards the Forebears, but are temporarily working together.
They have continued animosity towards the Crowns, but are temporarily working together.
A group that resides in Sentinel.
A faction that is also involved in the Dominion's politics. Unlike in Skyrim though, this faction contains members from all three races.
- A faction located at the Maw of Lorkhaj.
A group of Altmeri Supremacists, dedicated to the overthrow of Queen Ayrenn's rule.
An The Elder Scrolls Online: Orsinium faction.
Necromancer group in Alik'r Desert.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
- The Elder Scrolls Online
- ↑ Sacrilege and Mayhem in the Alik'r
- ↑ Curnard's Journal
- ↑ Bjoulsae Boys Charter
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Lleraya's Orders
- ↑ Bhosek's Punishments
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 6.3 Clans of the Reach: A Guide
- ↑ I was Summoned by a Mortal
- ↑ Clans of Eastmarch: The Direfrost
- ↑ Dragonstar Caravan Company Note
- ↑ Dialogue with Queen Ayrenn
- ↑ Events of "Enemy of My Enemy"
- ↑ Contract with House Diel
- ↑ Imperial University Note
- ↑ Kindly Contrivers Notes
- ↑ Kwama Miner's Note
- ↑ Legend of the Ghost Snake
- ↑ Notes on Elven Architecture
- ↑ Dialogue with Orthuna
- ↑ Events of "This One's a Classic"
- ↑ King Kurog's Promise
- ↑ Dialogue with Tervur Sadri
- ↑ Treaty of the Three Clans
- ↑ Sanguine's Revelers Note
- ↑ Vulkel Guard Outlaws Refuge loading screen
- ↑ Shadowbanish Vitners Note
- ↑ Founding of the Spirit Wardens
- ↑ The Steel Shrikes Proclamation
- ↑ Thalmor Diplomatic Corps Notice
- ↑ The Toothmaul Contract
- ↑ Cover Every Approach
- ↑ Several books in "Tribes of Murkmire" series
- ↑ Bone Orchard Research Log 1