93 (full set)
48 (full set)
440 (full set)
|Class: Heavy Armor|
|Upgrade Material: Chaurus Chitin|
Falmer Armor is a type of unique armor found in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Falmer Armor, classified as Heavy Armor, consists of five pieces in a set: helmet, armor, boots, gauntlets and shield. Falmer armor pieces vary in weight to armor value, presumably due to its primitive nature. In Dawnguard, there is now Falmer Heavy Armor which has a full face helmet (heavy helm), a full chest piece, gauntlets and boots.
Falmer Armor can be improved at the workbench with Chaurus Chitin, the building material for the majority of Falmer technology and tools. Chaurus Chitin is obtained from Chaurus, which are often found domesticated in Falmer camps
Falmer armor is obtained from looting Falmer and in their camps. There is a complete set of Falmer Armor located in the Mzinchaleft ruins. It is located at the top of the stairs, behind an Expert/Master locked golden gate, in the Mzinchaleft Depths. It will respawn after a while. Mzinchaleft can be easily accessed by doing the mission to recover the Grimsever Sword, for Mjoll the Lioness in Riften, or by simply exploring the area close to the path southwest of Dawnstar.
|Falmer Armor||31||20||275||84px||000b83cb||Chaurus Chitin (1)|
|Falmer Boots||12||4||55||82px||000b83cd||Chaurus Chitin (1)|
|Falmer Gauntlets||12||4||55||84px||000b83cf||Chaurus Chitin (1)|
|Falmer Helmet||10||5||25||84px||0004c3cb||Chaurus Chitin (1)|
|Falmer Shield||28||15||10||84px||0005c06c||Chaurus Chitin (1)|
|Ancient Falmer Cuirass||50||7||500||unknown||Refined moonstone (1)|
|Ancient Falmer Boots||15||2||380||unknown||Refined moonstone (1)|
|Ancient Falmer Gauntlets||15||2||280||unknown||Refined moonstone (1)|
|Auriel's Shield||41||14||755||unknown||Refined moonstone (1)|
- Due to a glitch, the helmet does not count as heavy armor despite being listed as such, which means several perks from the Heavy Armor tree will not be applied. *One known fix for this is to be wearing General Tullius' Armor. **Must complete Stormcloak questline to fix.
- A full set of Falmer Armor cannot be looted from Falmer Gloomlurkers to Shadowmasters. Even though these aforementioned Falmer use (most if not) a full set of Falmer Armor, only the Falmer Helmet and shield can be looted.
- A Falmer helmet can be combined with a Dragon Priest Mask, or a circlet, essentially providing double headgear and an additional item to enchant.
- A Falmer shield can be found in the Dwemer Museum in Markarth inside a locked case or on a dead Falmer.
- A set of Ancient Falmer armor is found in the Forgotten Vale in the DLC Dawnguard, looted from Arch-Curate Vyrthur (Cuirass, Gauntlets and Boots - not enchanted).
- The only Ancient Falmer head-gear known is the Ancient Falmer Crown. However it provides 0 defense and can only be obtained through console codes
- Dawnguard adds several variants of the Falmer armor. See Falmer hardened armor and Falmer heavy armor.
- The fact that the Ancient Falmer armor requires moonstone to upgrade it as opposed to the chitin use to upgrade modern Falmer armor may suggest that it dates back to the time when the Falmer were more like normal people as opposed to the blind feral monsters that are seen now.
- Hardened and Heavy Falmer armor can be found in the new Dawnguard DLC