Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The helmet is fashioned from the skull of a chaurus, the creature from which all Falmer technology is derived.
The standard Falmer helmet can be found in any dungeon inhabited by Falmer, most frequently on Falmer corpses.
- A full set of Falmer armor can be found in Mzinchaleft.
- There is one in a room just left after you enter the Alftand Animonculory along with a chest and dwarven metal pieces.
This means the armor cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to Fortify Smithing.
This section contains bugs related to Falmer Helmet. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- circlet, Dragon Priest masks, Penitus Oculatus helmet, and the Masque of Clavicus Vile.
The Falmer helmet can be equipped and worn at the same time as any
- Dragonborn add-on). However, it is present in the special edition as of version 188.8.131.52.8. The above exploit has been fixed, as of version 184.108.40.206.7 (
- For the Special Edition, the above exploit works. However, the Falmer helmet can be equipped at the same time as the Masque of Clavicus Vile only by first equipping the helmet alongside a Dragon Priest Mask, then selecting the Masque of Clavicus Vile.
- When equipped at the same time as the Falmer Helmet, the Masque of Clavicus Vile and Dragon Priest Masks will display, whereas Circlets will be covered up by the helmet.
- Heavy Armor and grants Heavy Armor experience, but is affected by Light Armor perks. As it is missing the keywords "ArmorHeavy" and "ArmorMaterialSteel," it will not give the benefit of the Matching Set, even when equipped alongside a Heavy Armor Dragon Priest Mask. The Falmer helmet is classified as
- If the Dragonborn is an Argonian and is wearing a Falmer helmet with Ebony Mail armor, their tail while go up and out through the top of their head. Upon sprinting, the tail will begin to violently shake. This can be fixed by dropping the Ebony Mail armor and picking it up again. However, Farkas and Vilkas of the The Companions may become hostile if this is done.
- The above glitch does not work with Hearthfire installed.