|Class: Heavy Armor|
|Upgrade Material: Chaurus Chitin|
The helmet is fashioned from the skull of a chaurus, the creature from which all Falmer technology is derived.
The standard Falmer helmet can be found in any dungeon inhabited by Falmer, most frequently on Falmer corpses.
- A full set of Falmer armor can be found in Mzinchaleft.
- There is one in a room just left after you enter the Alftand Animonculory along with a chest and dwarven metal pieces.
- Also found on high level Falmer.
This means the armor cannot be improved past flawless quality without boosting the Smithing skill over 100. This can be achieved by using enchanted items and/or blacksmithing potions to Fortify Smithing.
- PC 360 PS3 The Falmer Helmet can be equipped and worn at the same time as any circlet, Dragon Priest masks, Penitus Oculatus helmet and the Masque of Clavicus Vile.
- PC The above exploit has been fixed, as of version 18.104.22.168.7 (Dragonborn add-on)
- PC 360 PS3 The Falmer Helmet is classified as Heavy Armor and grants Heavy Armor experience, but is affected by light armor perks. As it is missing the keywords "ArmorHeavy" and "ArmorMaterialSteel", it won't give the benefit of the Matching Set.
- Sometimes as an Argonian, while wearing a falmer helmet and the Ebony mail, the argonian's tail while go straight up and out the top of the head, and whenever you sprint, your tail tip will shake around spastically. This can be fixed by dropping the Ebony mail and picking them up. Sometimes Farkas and Vilkas of the Companions will become hostile while this happens.
- The above glitch doesn't work with Hearthfire installed.