Fanari Strong-Voice is the leader of the Skaal Village in Solstheim. She was chosen to become leader after her predecessor, Skaf the Giant died. She reveals her name alludes to her always speaking her mind.
When speaking with Fanari after "The Fate of the Skaal" has been completed, she will tell the Dragonborn that bandits have been stealing food from the Skaal and will ask the Dragonborn to deal with them.
"I'm the leader of the Skaal, but it's the All-Maker who truly protects and provides."
- How did you become the leader of the village? "I was chosen by the people of the village when our last leader, Skaf the Giant, departed the cold world to join the All-Maker. I suppose I've always spoken my mind and tried to do what's best for the Skaal. That's why the others call me Fanari Strong-Voice."
- Tell me more about your people, the Skaal. "We are Nords, much like those you'll find in Skyrim. Long ago our path diverged from that of our cousins on the mainland. We live as one with the land, for the land provides all that we need. Also, like the Nords of old, we embrace the All-Maker. We do not worship the nine gods of the Empire."
- Who or what is the All-Maker? "You are an outsider, and I don't know if I can make you understand. I will try. The All-Maker is the maker of all things, and it is from the All-Maker that life flows like a great river. As all rivers must return to the sea, so all life returns in time to the All-Maker. I know our ways must seem strange to you, but the nine gods of the Empire are equally strange to us."
- Did I overhear that someone is missing? "Oh, I doubt it. Deor has always been quick to worry. Go and speak to him if you like, but do not be surprised if you end up in a wild fox chase. It would not be the first time."
- What can I do to help the Skaal? "Bandits sometimes come at night to steal our food. They think that stealing from us is easier than hunting for themselves. It will be dangerous, but if you'll deal with these thieves, we would be most grateful."
- It's not my problem. "I was foolish to expect compassion from an outsider."
- Consider it done. "Then may the All-Maker give you the strength of a great bear and make your will as firm as stone."
- The bandits won't be a problem anymore. "Your kindness warms my heart as sunlight warms the skin on a cold day. The Skaal are once again in your debt, outsider."
- "I'm the leader of the Skaal, but it's the All-Maker who truly protects and provides."
- "The Skaal live in harmony with nature and take only what we need from the land."
- According to game data, Tharstan is her husband.