Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Fast Traveling is a method of travel in The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It is a way of quickly "teleporting" to any previously discovered location.
When fast travelling, time will still pass by as if the player had walked there. Any positive or negative effects the player had, such as poison, will still progress. So, using poison as an example, it may be that the player arrives dead at his intended location, if the poison lasted long enough and the player did not have enough health. Also, the amount of armor a player is wearing affects how much time passes during fast travel. The player cannot fast travel while in any of the following conditions:
- While enemies are close by/have spotted the player
- While the player is taking health damage (e.g. Vampirism + Sun or Magic)
- While at Fort Grief
- While indoors
- While guards are pursuing the player
- While the player is over-encumbered
- While the player is in the Deadlands (Oblivion)
- While jumping or falling
Fast travel also applies to other non-city locations, although in most cases, those locations must first be personally visited.
- A player can use this as an early warning system, because you can't fast travel away from enemies.