Appropriately, the Dunmer is the leader of the worshippers at the Shrine of Sheogorath, which they like to refer to as the "Grove of Madness." The Hero can speak to him in order to find out what Sheogorath requires as an offering.
Ferul wears White Mage's Robes, Iron Boots, and a Fur Helmet. Additionally, he also carries an Iron Dagger.
"Place? Not place? Here. Not here? Welcome to the Grove of Madness, stranger. Or go away. Who knows? Time will tell."
- Shrine of Sheogorath "Killed and ate a Bosmer there. But it made me sick. Saw Lord Sheogorath in the vomitus, so that's all right. Here to sacrifice? A limb would be nice."
- "Then approach the shrine. Of course, he won't appear. Because it's not raining. He loves the rain."
- "Then approach the shrine. He might appear. Because it's raining. He loves the rain. Because it's wet. Or because it's rainy. Not so sure."
- "And you'll need an offering. I think a lesser soul gem, a head of lettuce, and some yarn will do the trick. Yes. That's what Sheogorath wants."
- I have no business here. "Then you should run along. Fly, fly! Take off, now. Scat! Make tracks. Get going. Run for your life. And have a nice day!"
(If approached again)
"You've been told what Sheogorath wants. The rest is up to you."
(After leaving an offering)
"You've spoken to the Madgod. Joy of joys! Are you elated? Excited? Aroused? Blessed are you. Blessed is he!"
(After obtaining the Wabbajack)
"You've pleased the Madgod! You must be proud of yourself. I, for one, still would like to eat your eyes. But, good for you!"