|Quest Giver||Wulf Wild-Blood|
|Prerequisite||The Fate of the Skaal|
|Reward||Increase to Archery, Block, One-Handed and Heavy Armor|
After releasing the Skaal from Miraak's influence, Wulf Wild-Blood will ask the Dragonborn to find his brother Torkild. While he isn't sure he's become a werebear, he remembers seeing a fire in his eyes not common to the Skaal.
This quest may be hard to finish, as Torkild will only appear in a random encounter. Torkild may also be found dead before being spoken to, but this should not interfere with the quest and the response by Wulf will still be the same.
There are a few locations where random encounters occur and he may be found:
- On the coastline between Glacial Cave and Bujold's Retreat is a popular place for Torkild to wander.
- West of Glacial Cave, along the coastline.
- West of Damphall Mine, along the coastline
- West of Broken Tusk Mine, along the coastline.
- Just outside (North) of Raven Rock.
- Just South of Bujold's Retreat on the east side of Solstheim.
- East of Saering's Watch, on the path below the cliff just east of the word wall.
- Halfway between Glacial Cave and Haknir's Shoal, along the coast.
- At the bottom of the waterfall that runs next to Castle Karstaag Caverns
After finding Torkild and speaking with him, he will turn into a werebear and attack. Searching his body yields a note to his brother Wulf. When given the letter, Wulf will express his sadness at his brother's death, but also relief that he is at rest.
- Look for Wulf's brother Torkild.
- Examine Torkild.
- Return to Wulf.
- When looking for Torkild on the path below Saering's Watch, plot-point may trigger saying to examine Torkild's body, but the body is not there.
- Reloading a save may cause the random encounter location to change.
- Torkild can get himself killed by dragons, wild animals,etc. When this happens, the quest marker vanishes making it harder to locate him.
- If Torkild is killed before the quest is accepted the quest will become stuck in the quest log.