|Find Pantea's Flute|
|Quest Giver||Pantea Ateia|
|Prerequisite||Complete Tending the Flames|
|Reward||Increase each skill that falls under The Mage|
|Type||Bards College quest|
Talking to Pantea Ateia will prompt her to tell you about a foolish student named Larina who stole Pantea's Flute and sold it to a bunch of Necromancers. Since the flute had been passed down through seventeen generations, Pantea asks you to find it and bring it back to her.
Hob's Fall CaveEdit
The quest leads to Hob's Fall Cave east of Frostflow Lighthouse in Winterhold Hold . In the first room, take the ice tunnel to the left and take out the Necromancers at the desk so that you can loot the chest and take the Soul Gem you find on a desk. Continue to a suspended bridge and peer over the edge at the Necromancer camp below. Wipe them out by sniping with a bow in sneak mode or leap down into the fray. The loot includes another Unusual Gem and the Restoration Skill Book "The Exodus". Underneath the bridge you came in, there is an overhang. Jump over to the right, where you will see a tree. Face towards the bridge you came in and there is a chest.
Finding the fluteEdit
Cross the bridge and follow the path to encounter more Necromancers in the next room. Look on the Arcane Enchanter for the Enchanting Skill Book "Enchanter's Primer". Pull the dangling chain to open the way, but be cautious of the traps. The final room has three Necromancers to fight, and contains a chest with the Flute, a table holding a Black Soul Gem, and a locked cage with a dead Redguard.
Return the flute to Pantea at the Bards College and receive her grateful thanks. Instead of receiving , she teaches you a few tricks she learned while playing for the mages in Winterhold (1 point increase in level for each of the skills that fall under The Mage skill set).
- It is possible to find Pantea's Flute in Hob's Fall Cave before ever finding the Bards College.
After completing the quest the item is stuck in your inventory
- Fixed with version 1.4 official patch.
- PC players can remove the flute using the console by typing
player.removeitem 000DABA7 1
- Obtaining the flute before receiving the quest from Pantea may result the quest and flute not being able to be turned in to Pantea. The flute will remain in your inventory and on your current quest legend. PC players can continue the quest using the console by typing setstage BardsCollegeFlute 40 to trigger the next stage of the quest.
- If you kill Pantea after receiving the quest, you will be unable to finish the quest as Pantea will be dead. (Possible Solution: Turn Pantea into a zombie? Needs confirmation)