|Find the Source of Power in Angarvunde|
|Type||Word Wall quest|
- Find the Source of Power in Angarvunde
- Discover the Treasure of Angarvunde
- Medresi Dran and the Wandering Dead
These are miscellaneous missions, spawned either by chance of finding Angarvunde or after receiving a Letter from a Friend, in regards to finding the "source of power." Once you enter Angarvunde, you meet Medresi Dran. You are then presented with the option of helping her find the treasure, or killing her and claiming it for yourself. Should you kill her, you spawn Discover the Treasure of Angarvunde. Should you help her, you spawn Medresi Dran and the Wandering Dead.
If you decide to help her, she dies anyway after opening the 2nd gate. She gets greedy and runs ahead of you to get the treasure, right into a large spike trap, which impales her on several large spears that come down from the ceiling at the same time a circular area of the floor rises to reveal the stairwell to the Word Wall. She is not carrying much, but if you want to loot her body or take her blood (she is a Dunmer), you can reach it by jumping from the large carved head at the right side of the chamber.
If you killed Medresi Dran, loot her body and get the Angarvunde Key. Follow the corridor, eliminating the few Draugr along the way. Once you come to the main chamber, there will be four leveled Draugr. Eliminate them. You will then see a gate at the other side of the chamber. It is closed, and you are unable to open it. If you use the Clairvoyance spell, it will help you very little until the gate is open. To either side is a door, one to the Angarvunde Ruins, the other to the Angarvunde Catacombs. Which you choose first, is up to you, but you will have to go through both. Don't worry, you won't get lost very much.
Entering the catacombsEdit
In the Catacombs, there are around 10-20 Draugr. It is a good idea to have either the Aura Whisper shout, or one of the Detect Life spells, for it will make fighting the Draugr much easier. Absent either of these, check any Draugr you find and if they do not display as containers they are still alive and will attack you sooner or later. If you have a good bow and arrows and some archery perks, they can be disposed of efficiently by shooting them from a safe distance while they are still "asleep."
At the end of the passage there will be a lever. You will need to pull it to get out through the spiked gates, and there is a chest next to that exit. When you get to the spiraling ramp, you might have to use Unrelenting Force on any follower you might have, because sometimes they won't drop down, and you can't get back up to get them.
Accessing the ruinsEdit
Across the chamber is the entrance to the Ruins. Shortly into the passage, you will enter a small chamber with a few Draugr. You will see two gated passages, and a door. The door is simply a closet with a few levelled potions. Continue straight through to the open passage, and follow it around, eliminating all Draugr until you come to one of the previously noted barred passage entrances. To the side there will be a lever. Pull it, it will drop both passage's bars and the bars to the chest next to it. Continue across to the newly opened passage. You will come to a large chamber with three Draugr: 2 in coffins, 1 patrolling the upper catwalks. Then, climb up the ramp to the door leading back to Angarvunde. You will find several urns and a chest, and the other lever for the target gate. Pull it, the iron bars lower, as well as the far gate.
Once you enter the newly opened gate, you will see a large, winding, stone stairwell that has risen out of the floor. Behind it is an open chest with a Coin Purse. Descend the stairwell, and retrieve the treasure and the dragon shout from the dragon wall. There are no Draugr down there so no need to be worried. Your follower may get stuck at the top stairwell but the player can retrieve them when they leave.
- Pickpocket the key from her, explore the hallway, and return to her. Her dialogue should proceed normally. If you pickpocket the Angarvunde Key from her before she offers it to you, she might get stuck.
- When you open both doors to the entrance. She says that you must open one more door even when both doors are open. If this happens, killing her will raise the pillar door to access the word wall. Alternatively, pulling the quest related levers again may cause her to continue the quest (pulling the lever once will close the nearby gates and advance the quest, pulling it again will open the nearby gates).
- After opening both gates and returning to Medresi, she will run ahead and activate the trap. However, the trap may disengage after a few seconds, where it will return to the floor and will not raise, blocking the way. If you are inside the staircase when this happens, the entrance at the top will be shut, and the stairs will lead to dirt. It is impossible to escape. If you remained outside the stairwell and the trap returns to the floor, you may not be able to raise it again by stepping on it if you have the Light Footed perk. I have not been able to fix this bug as of yet.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)