|Find the Thalmor Assassin|
|Location||New Gnisis Cornerclub|
|Prerequisite||Finish Diplomatic Immunity and make sure Malborn doesn't die|
- Prerequisite: Finish the quest Diplomatic Immunity and make sure that Malborn doesn't die.
- Quest Giver: Malborn in Windhelm in the New Gnisis Cornerclub.
- Reward: 250
- Reputation Gain: N/A
After finishing the quest Diplomatic Immunity and saving Malborn, he can be found hiding in the New Gnisis Cornerclub in Windhelm. Talk to him and he will say that he is trying to flee to Morrowind, but can't because he's afraid of the Khajiit who he thinks is a Thalmor agent that wants him dead. After the Dragonborn agrees to help him, they need to go to the Khajiit caravan camp. Upon arrival, the marker will disappear, and the Dragonborn will need to find out who is the assassin.
At this point, the Dragonborn has two options to find out who the assassin is:
- If J'datharr is pickpocketed, J'datharr's Note will be found. This will prove J'datharr as the Thalmor assassin ordered to kill Malborn.
- If Ri'saad is present, a dialogue option appears where he may be asked about a Thalmor assassin. He will point out that J'datharr is not one of their caravan and is the assassin. If the Dragonborn then talks to J'datharr, he will become hostile and attack. However, should Ri'saad not be present for whatever reason the Dragonborn can go ahead and kill J'datharr without gaining a bounty.
After killing him, head back to Malborn and he will thank the Dragonborn and give 250 gold.
- If the Dragonborn follows Malborn after receiving the reward, he will follow the path east, occasionally engaging the Frost Trolls and Ice Wraiths along the way. Should he survive these ordeals, he eventually reaches Refugee's Rest, where he disappears, marking the border between Morrowind and Skyrim.
- It is possible that even after completing this quest for Malborn, he will still have the dialogue option to start the quest. Note that this does not mean you can restart the quest; he just explains the situation he is in every time you select the option.
- If you fast travel outside of Windhelm to the assassin, he and the caravan may disappear.