Fireball is an Adept level Destruction spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Casting it shoots a somewhat-fast traveling ball of fire that explodes upon impact and deals forty points of fire damage in a fifteen-foot radius. Fireball can set enemies on fire, resulting in additional damage over time, and if it hits an already burning enemy it deals extra damage.
- The "Augmented Flames" perk increases the Fire damage done by this spell by 25% on the first point and 50% on the second point.
- The "Intense Flames" perk causes targets to flee when Health is lowered by Fire damage.
- The "Destruction Dual Casting" perk allows one to overcharge the spell.
- The "Adept Destruction" perk allows one to cast this spell at half Magicka. Even though one can buy the spell book to learn Fireball at Destruction skill 40, it will become Magicka efficient only upon reaching Destruction skill 50.
- This spell can do up to 75 damage when augmented with the "Aspect of Terror" perk from the Illusion skill tree (in addition to both points of the "Augmented Flames" perk), due to the 10-point increase to fire spell damage.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 345
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Faralda at the College of Winterhold sells this spell, once the Dragonborn reaches level 40 Destruction.
- Farengar Secret-Fire at Dragonreach sells this spell shortly after the Dragonborn reaches Adept in Destruction.
- The Fireball Spell Tome is a random drop in Bleak Falls Barrow and Bloated Man's Grotto.
- Wuunferth the Unliving sells this spell in Windhelm once the Dragonborn reaches Adept in Destruction.
- Morven Stroud, in the Soul Cairn, may randomly give the Dragonborn this spell tome after being given 25 soul husks.
- The Elder Scrolls: Arena
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
|Arniel's Convection • Blizzard • Chain Lightning • Fire Storm • Fireball • Firebolt • Fire Rune • Flame Cloak • Flames • Frost Cloak • Frostbite • Frost Rune • Ice Spike • Ice Storm • Incinerate • Icy Spear • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Cloak • Lightning Rune • Lightning Storm • Sparks • Thunderbolt • Wall of Flames • Wall of Frost • Wall of Storms • Vampiric Drain|
|Freeze • Ignite • Whirlwind Cloak|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Destruction Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Destruction trainers • Runes • Disintegrate|