- Main article: Timeline
The First Era, also called the First Age, was a time period lasting 2920 years. This article is a chronological record of First Era events: from the founding of the Camoran Dynasty to the assassination of Emperor Reman Cyrodiil III.
Undetermined date/works in progress
- Daggerfall defeats the Akaviri Invasion ("If Daggerfall had not spent its first thousand years preparing for the battles of the next thousand years, it is indeed conceivable that the Iliac Bay today might be Akaviri.")
- The earliest recordings of the Psijic Order is recorded, telling the tale of the renowned Breton sage and author Voernet, traveling to the Isle of Artaeum to meet with Iachesis, the Ritemaster of the Psijics.
- King Harald orders a campaign against the remaining Snow Elves in the region near Lake Honrich.
- One of the last remnants of the Dragon Cult is discovered in the secluded monastery of Forelhost by one of King Harald's armies.
- Skorm Snow-Strider finds Forelhost devoid of life, the cultists previously inhabiting the fortress having slit their own wrists or been poisoned. He loses half his men to poisoned water found within the monastery.
- The Scouring of Wendelbeck, a battle during the Narfinsel Schism, occurs, marking the war's climax.
- King Harald dies at 108 years of age.
- The Moot is created.
- Hjalmer, the son of King Harald, takes his throne.
- In the years following King Harald's death, the Dwemer of Skyrim discovered a considerable source of raw Aetherium in Blackreach.
- An alliance between four Dwemer cities of Arkngthamz, Raldbthar, Mzulft, and Bthar-zel (now known as Deep Folk Crossing) is created to oversee the extraction, processing, and study of Aetherium.
- The Dwemer construct known as the Aetherium Forge is built under the city of Bthalft.
- The Aetherium Wars take place between the Dwemer city states of Skyrim. It lasts for several decades.
- King Hjalmer dies.
- Rule of Nordic High King Vrage the Gifted begins, right after the death of Hjalmer.
- King Vrage begins the Skyrim Conquests, which involves the annexation of Morrowind and High Rock.
- At some point after 1E 240, King Gellir becomes High King of Skyrim and conquers the weakened Dwemer city states across the land.
- Alessia, her demigod lover, Morihaus-Breath-of-Kyne, and Pelinal Whitestrake, start the Cyrodiilic human uprising against the Ayleid.
- White-Gold Tower falls. This is seen as the symbolic end of the Ayleid Empire.
- Alessian Empire of Cyrodiil is officially formed. (The "First Empire")
- Several Ayleid princes continue to rule, as vassals of the new Empress. From here until 1E 498, Ayleids would continue to have minor influence, in what can be called the "Late Ayleid Period."
- The Apotheosis of Alessia.
- Alessian articles and Calendars begin from this year.
- Belharza the Man-Bull becomes the Second Emperor of the Alessian Empire.
- The Direnni Hegemony occurs, during which Skyrim loses significant amounts of land to the Direnni.
- Alessians gain control of the Empire, and enforce the Alessian Doctrines of Marukh throughout the Empire.
- Ayleid lordships are outlawed.
- Little resistance to this, and so most Ayleids simply left Cyrodiil, and many are absorbed into the native population of Elves in Valenwood.
- The Wild Hunt takes place, and King Borgas of Winterhold is killed.
- War of Succession begins.
- Skyrim begins to lose its holdings in High Rock and Morrowind.
- The traditional rule of Yokuda's emperors is overthrown. Each successive emperor, though they maintained the status of figurehead of the empire, had their powers very much reduced. Since then, 300 years of almost continuous civil war ensues between the Yokeda warlords, warrior monks and brigands, all fighting each other for land and power.
- The Holy Brothers of Marukh lead by Abbott Cosmas to Malada, with the intent of cleansing it.
- Indoril Nerevar and Dumac Dwarfking form an official alliance to together protect Resdayn against the Nordic Invasion.
- Olaf One-Eye becomes High King of Skyrim after defeating Numinex.
- The Pact of Chieftains is signed formally.
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found
<ref>tags exist for a group named "OOG", but no corresponding
<references group="OOG"/>tag was found.