Fishing Holes are interactive objects in The Elder Scrolls Online. A fishing hole can be interacted with in order to fish. This is done using Bait. The location of the fishing hole and the bait used will determine the likelihood of catching rare fish. Fishing Holes appear practically anywhere where there is a source of water.
- Ocean: Open expanses of water. Uses Worms. Dhufish and Longfin found here.
- Lakes: Enclosed, still water. Uses Guts. Silverside Perch and Spadetail found here.
- Rivers: Running Water. Uses Insect Parts. River Betty and Salmon found here.
- Foul Water. Still water located near a dead body. Uses Crawlers. Slaughterfish and Trodh found here.
- Crawlers – Used in Foul Water
- Guts – Used in Lakes
- Insect Parts – Used in Rivers.
- Worms – Used in Oceans.
- Simple Bait – Bought from General Goods merchants.
- Used Bait – formerly a Bait, this is now created if fishing with the wrong type of bait.
- Chum – found in Oceans.
- Minnow – found in Lakes.
- Shad – found in Rivers.
- Fish Roe – found in Foul Water.