Flame Cloak surrounds the caster in a wall of fire. If an enemy hits or gets too close to the caster, that enemy is set on fire for 8 points of damage. Also, if Flame Cloak is active, its damage is applied to the Dragonborn's melee damage.
- Using Flame Cloak in conjunction with Ironflesh or other Mage-Armor Alteration spells allows the Dragonborn to get close to enemies without taking large amounts of melee damage.
- The spell is quite useful in Nordic Tombs, where Draugr and Skeletons reside.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 325
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Faralda and Court Wizards will start to sell this spell tome when the Dragonborn has reached level 40 or more skill in Destruction.
- One may be found at Yisra's Beachside Combustion, south of Yngvild near the remains of Yisra.
- May be found on high-level mages.
- Can be found in "boss" chests.
- Dual casting doubles the range of the spell.
- J'zargo's Scrolls contain a Flame Cloak spell that deals damage to self and extra damage to Undead. There are 13 in all. This version of the spell can harm the Dragonborn's followers and make them hostile.
- Ancestor's Wrath, the Dunmer racial power, functions identically to Flame Cloak and produces the same amount of base damage; however, unlike Flame Cloak, Ancestor's Wrath may only be cast once per day.
- When the Dragonborn has a dead thrall, using flame cloak (or any elemental cloak) will immediately banish it.
- Estormo and Pyromancers use this spell in combat.
|Arniel's Convection • Blizzard • Chain Lightning • Fire Storm • Fireball • Firebolt • Fire Rune • Flame Cloak • Flames • Frost Cloak • Frostbite • Frost Rune • Ice Spike • Ice Storm • Incinerate • Icy Spear • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Cloak • Lightning Rune • Lightning Storm • Sparks • Thunderbolt • Wall of Flames • Wall of Frost • Wall of Storms • Vampiric Drain|
|Freeze • Ignite • Whirlwind Cloak|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Destruction Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Destruction trainers • Runes • Disintegrate|