|Skill Level||Adept (50)|
|Effect||For 60 seconds, opponents in melee range take 8 points fire damage per second. Targets on fire take extra damage.|
Flame Cloak is an Adept level Destruction spell which surrounds the caster in a wall of fire. If an enemy hits or gets too close to the caster that enemy is set on fire for 8 points of damage. Also if Flame Cloak is active, its damage is applied to the Dragonborn's melee damage.
- Using Flame Cloak in conjunction with Ironflesh or other Mage-Armor Alteration spells allows the Dragonborn to get close to enemies without taking large amounts of melee damage.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 325
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Faralda and Court Wizards will start to sell this spell tome when the Dragonborn has reached level 50 or more skill in Destruction.
- One may be found west of Winterhold and South of Yngvild on a burnt peninsula with some remains of Yisra.
- Dual casting doubles the range of the spell
- J'zargo's Scrolls contain a Flame Cloak spell that deals damage to self and extra-damage to Undead. There are 13 in all. This version of the spell can harm the Dragonborn's Followers and make them hostile.
- Ancestor's Wrath, the Dunmer starting power, functions identically to Flame Cloak and produces the same amount of base damage; however, unlike Flame Cloak, Ancestor's Wrath may only be cast once per day.
- When the player has an active summoned Dremora Lord, using flame cloak will immediately banish it.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)
|Arniel's Convection • Blizzard • Chain Lightning • Fire Storm • Fireball • Firebolt • Fire Rune • Flame Cloak • Flames • Frost Cloak • Frostbite • Frost Rune • Ice Spike • Ice Storm • Incinerate • Icy Spear • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Cloak • Lightning Rune • Lightning Storm • Sparks • Thunderbolt • Wall of Flames • Wall of Frost • Wall of Storms • Vampiric Drain|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Destruction Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • The College of Winterhold • Destruction trainers • Runes • Disintegrate|