Flame Thrall is a Master-level Conjuration spell in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Casting it permanently summons a Flame Atronach. The atronach follows and defends its master until banished, killed, or turned.
Flame Thralls have twice as much health as a Conjured Flame Atronach. Flame Thralls can be damaged by Cloak spells, such as Lightning Cloak. Since Flame Thralls are resistant to fire damage, area of effect spells of that element do not harm it. In addition to Firebolt, Flame Thralls are also able to use Flames, unlike Flame Atronachs.
- Summoner allows Thralls to be summoned at a greater distance.
- Oblivion Binding allows Thralls summoned by the Dragonborn or other conjurers to be banished when attacked by bound weapons.
- Elemental Potency increases damage done by Thralls by 50%
- Twin Souls allows two Flame Thralls or one Flame Thrall and another conjured Daedra to be on the field simultaneously.
- Although elementally fire, Flame Thralls are not affected by the Destruction perk, Augmented Flames.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 1260
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Phinis Gestor at the College of Winterhold gives this spell after the completion of the Conjuration Ritual Spell, which requires at least 90 Conjuration. Frost Thrall, Storm Thrall and Dead Thrall spell tomes can also be purchased at this time.
- Upon entering Apocrypha (The Sallow Regent) in Dragonborn, it is possible to find a tome at the end, next to the Black Book.
If the caster does not have the required Magicka, it is possible to use the power, Secret of Arcana (Spells cost no Magicka for 30 seconds), to conjure the Flame thrall. The power, Secret of Arcana, can be acquired by reading the Black Book: Filament and Filgree (obtained at the completion of the quest "Hidden Knowledge").
This section contains bugs related to Flame Thrall. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- The thrall may fail to summon if the caster is wearing clothing or armor with Conjuration discount enchantments. It can be successfully summoned if the caster removes all such clothing and then casts the spell. Afterwards, he or she can re-equip all removed articles without consequence.
- Conjuration spells Banish Daedra and Expel Daedra will not work because the thrall is too powerful for the spell. Also, weapons enchanted with Banish (Effect) will not work. However, with the Conjuration Dual Casting perk, the thrall can be expelled.
- Casting master level conjuration spells may not work. This bug could be fixed by closing to desk top and reopening the game.
|Banish Daedra • Bound Sword • Bound Battleaxe • Bound Bow • Command Daedra • Conjure Dremora Lord |
Conjure Familiar • Conjure Flaming Familiar • Conjure Flame Atronach • Conjure Frost Atronach • Conjure Storm Atronach
Dead Thrall • Dread Zombie • Expel Daedra • Flame Thrall • Frost Thrall • Raise Zombie • Reanimate Corpse • Revenant
Soul Trap • Storm Thrall • Summon Arniel's Shade • Summon Unbound Dremora
|Conjure Boneman • Conjure Mistman • Conjure Wrathman • Summon Arvak|
|Bound Dagger • Conjure Ash Guardian • Conjure Ash Spawn • Conjure Seeker|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Conjuration Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Conjuration trainers |
Resurrection • Necromancy • Banish