|Skill Level||Master (100)|
|Effect||Summons a Flame Atronach that does not have a duration of being summoned|
|Spell Tome||Obtained through quest|
Flame Thrall is a Master-level Conjuration spell that requires the usage of both the left and right hands to cast and allows the user to permanently summon a Flame Atronach. The atronach follows and defends its master until banished, killed, or turned.
Flame Thralls have twice as much health as a Conjured Flame Atronach. Flame Thralls can be damaged by Cloak spells, such as Lightning Cloak. Since Flame Thralls are resistant to fire damage, area of effect spells of that element do not harm it.
- The perk, Summoner allows Thralls to be summoned at a greater distance.
- Oblivion Binding allows Thralls summoned by the Dragonborn or other conjurers to be banished when attacked by bound weapons.
- Elemental Potency increases damage done by Thralls by 50%
- Twin Souls allows two Flame Thralls or one Flame Thrall and another conjured Daedra can be on the field simultaneously.
- Although elementally fire, Flame Thralls are not affected by the Destruction perk, Augmented Flames.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 1260
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- Phinis Gestor at The College of Winterhold gives this spell after the completion of the Conjuration Ritual Spell, which requires at least 100 Conjuration. Frost Thrall, Storm Thrall and Dead Thrall spell tomes can also be purchased at this time.
- Upon entering Apocrypha (The Sallow Regent) in Dragonborn, it is possible to find a tome at the end, next to the Black Book.
If the caster does not have the required Magicka, it is possible to use the power, Secret of Arcana (Spells cost no Magicka for 30 seconds), to conjure the Flame thrall. The power, Secret of Arcana, can be acquired by reading the Black Book: Filament and Filgree (obtained at the completion of the quest "Hidden Knowledge").
- The thrall may fail to summon if the caster is wearing clothing or armor with Conjuration discount enchantments. It can be successfully summoned if the caster removes all such clothing and then casts the spell. Afterwards, he or she can re-equip all removed articles without consequence.
- Conjuration spells Banish Daedra and Expel Daedra will not work because the thrall is too powerful for the spell. Also, weapons enchanted with Banish (Effect) will not work. However, with the Conjuration Dual Casting perk, the thrall can be expelled.
- Casting master level conjuration spells may not work. This bug could be fixed by closing to desk top and reopening the game.