| Base Value:|
- Main article: Precious Gem (Skyrim)
- To the south of Swindler's Den, two flawless amethysts can be found at the Shrine of Stendarr. One is in plain view and the other is in a small chest, other gems may spawn instead of the flawless amethyst.
- One can be found in the Tower Section of Blind Cliff Cave.
- There is one located in an urn inside of the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon.
- There is one near the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. Take the side path to the left and follow it up the mountain. Then look for a small alter on the right.
- Dustman's Cairn, just past where Farkas turns into a werewolf, on a small pedestal.
- Temple of Dibella's Inner Sanctum on a bookshelf.
- Two may be found in the Snow Veil Catacombs. These can be collected at any time but also during the "Speaking With Silence" Thieves Guild quest.
- North of Riften - A settlement of Shor's Stone - one can be found in Sylgja's house or her possession. (Not always).
- During the Thieves Guild quest, "The Pursuit", one may be found in a bowl on Mercer's desk in the tunnels underneath Riftweald Manor, along with many other gems. One can also be found on his person in The Raggon Flagon- Cistern.
- Can be found while mining ore veins.
- Upon completion of "Bow to the Master", 5 random gems are given to the player as a reward. One of which can be a flawless amethyst.
- Just north of the left-most room in the Volskygge Passages, one can be found in a large urn.
- Sometimes a thief may even carry one.
- Found on dead Frost Trolls and Dwarven Spheres.
- Silus has a chance to drop Flawless Amethysts if killed during "Pieces of the Past", the Daedric quest for Mehrunes' Razor.
- Sometimes a higher level bandit will carry one.
- Forsaken Crypt, In the hall after the first large room in an urn. Gems found here are leveled, meaning the gem found is contingent on Character Level and may not be a Flawless Amethyst.
- North of Riften.
- Fort Greenwall - located in one of the chests.
- Talen-Jei employs the Dragonborn to find three Flawless Amethysts, which will be faceted into a wedding band. The reward for fetching them all is a weak poison.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)