Flawless Amethysts are purple precious gems similar to regular Amethysts, but cost much more to buy and sell.
- To the south of Swindler's Den, one Flawless Amethyst can be found at the Shrine of Stendarr.
- One can be found in the Tower Section of Blind Cliff Cave.
- There is one located in an urn inside of the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. (This may be a leveled occurrence, however it has not been confirmed. The Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon is known to have different loot based on level)
- There is one near the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. Take the side path to the left and follow it up the mountain, then look for a small altar on the right.
- Dustman's Cairn, just past where Farkas turns into a werewolf, on a small pedestal.
- Temple of Dibella's Inner Sanctum on a bookshelf.
- Two may be found in the Snow Veil Catacombs. These can be collected at any time but also during the "Speaking With Silence" Thieves Guild quest.
- North of Riften – A settlement of Shor's Stone – there is a chance one can be found in Sylgja's house or her possession.
- During the Thieves Guild quest, "The Pursuit," one may be found in a bowl on Mercer's desk in the tunnels underneath Riftweald Manor, along with many other gems. One can also be found on his person in The Raggon Flagon - Cistern.
- Can be found while mining ore veins.
- Upon completion of "Bow to the Master," five random gems are given to the Dragonborn as a reward. One of which can be a Flawless Amethyst.
- Can be found as easy random loot in certain containers with the Prowler's Profit perk.
- One can be found in Korvanjund during the Civil War questline. When ordered by Legate Rikke to search for a lever to open a portcullis, the Dragonborn will find a dagger on a pedestal. Grab the dagger and remove it. The pedestal will activate and open a passage to a hidden treasure. Next to the chest is a Flawless Amethyst.
- Sometimes a thief may carry one.
- Found on dead frost trolls and Dwarven spheres.
- Silus has a chance to drop Flawless Amethysts if killed during "Pieces of the Past," the Daedric quest for Mehrunes' Razor.
- Sometimes a higher level bandit will carry one.
- Can be found on giants.
- Sometimes, a Master Vampire carry one.
- Forsaken Crypt, In the hall after the first large room in an urn. Gems found here are leveled, meaning the gem found is contingent on Character Level and may not be a Flawless Amethyst.
- North of Riften.
- Talen-Jei employs the Dragonborn to find three Flawless Amethysts, which will be faceted into a wedding band. The reward for fetching them all is a weak poison.