Flawless Amethysts are purple precious gems similar to regular Amethysts, but cost much more to buy and sell.
- One can be found in the Tower Section of Blind Cliff Cave.
- Dustman's Cairn, just past where Farkas turns into a werewolf, on a small pedestal.
- Two can be found in Korvanjund during the Civil War questline. In Korvanjund Halls, when ordered by Legate Rikke to search for a lever to open a portcullis, the Dragonborn will find a dagger on a pedestal. Grab the dagger and remove it. The pedestal will activate and open a passage to a hidden treasure. Next to the chest is a Flawless Amethyst.
- The second is inside one of the two heavy bowls in Korvanjund Crypt. The bowl are on the ledge left from the chair where a draugr wearing The Jagged Crown is sitting. The ledge is unreachable but the gem will drop off when hit by a blast of explosion if a Dragonborn uses Dawnbreaker to kill a draugr nearby. Using the "Unrelenting Force" shout will also make the gem fall down from the ledge.
- Temple of Dibella's Inner Sanctum on a bookshelf.
- To the south of Swindler's Den, at the unmarked location "The Two Pillars," one Flawless Amethyst can be found at the Shrine of Stendarr.
- During the Thieves Guild quest, "The Pursuit," one may be found in a bowl on Mercer's desk in the tunnels underneath Riftweald Manor, along with many other gems. One can also be found on his person in The Raggon Flagon - Cistern.
- One can be found in the Skuldafn Temple behind left gate of the first puzzle room.
- There is one near the Shrine of Mehrunes Dagon. Take the side path to the left and follow it up the mountain, then look for a small altar and a chest on the right.
- Can be found as easy random loot in certain containers or corpses with the Prowler's Profit perk.
- Talen-Jei employs the Dragonborn to find three Flawless Amethysts, which will be faceted into a wedding band. The reward for fetching them all is a weak poison.