| Base Value:|
- One is needed for the quest The Only Cure.
- The Emperor's Quarters on The Katariah.
- Korvanjund Crypt.
- Amaund Motierre carries one.
- Randomly found in urns/chests (With Prowler's Profit the chances are greatly increased).
- Two, one Flawless and one not, can be found on a tiny, abandoned oar boat on a riverbank to the East of Markarth. West of Karthspire, due South of Kolskeggr Mine. Where, on the map, the Western fork of the river seems to end. It is located just around the bend, south of a small dam, swimming against the current.
- There is also a chance you could get one from Harrald who can be found in Riften next to the Mistveil Keep sparring with a dummy. He will give you a short quest upon speaking to him and the reward for the quest is two of any precious gems . These gems are random and can be changed simply by loading a previous existing save and requesting your reward again. Do this until you get a Flawless Ruby.
- One or even two may be found in Fahlbtharz, dropped by a Dwemer Sphere and/or in the large chest at the end of the Great Hall.
- One may be in a strong box on an unmarked island located southwest of Raven Rock.
- Under the word wall in the frozen lake at the Forgotten Vale.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)