|Location||Southeast of Solitude|
|Enemies||Draugr Frostbite Spider|
Folgunthur is a Nordic Tomb located southeast of Solitude and directly west of Windstad Manor. This ruin contains one of the fragments of the Gauldur amulet. The quest to obtain the fragments can be started here if it wasn't initiated during Under Saarthal. Right near the entrance is a medium-sized camp, indicating someone who is found to be Daynas Valen, has been in the ruin before. The ruin is also the final resting place of Mikrul Gauldurson.
A fragment of the Gauldur amulet is here.
- Leveled draugr
- Leveled frostbite spiders
- Mikrul Gauldurson
- Dragon Claw: Ivory dragon claw
- Frost Breath
- Skill book (One-Handed): Fire and Darkness
- Unique item: Gauldur amulet fragment
- Unique weapon: Gauldur Blackblade
- Quest item: Daynas Valen's Notes
- Quest item: Daynas Valen's Journal
- Writ of Sealing
- Possibly Meridia's Beacon
This section contains bugs related to Folgunthur. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If Folgunthor is cleared before starting Forbidden Legend, (or, at least, before getting the Folgunthor-related objective), the required amulet fragment may not be obtainable, and the objective may remain unfulfilled even when adding the fragment with player.additem.
- Sometimes the three stones that are copying the other rooms will be immobile. Restarting the console and loading a save from before entering Folgunthur may fix this. Alternatively, saving right there in the room and then reloading that save has successfully overcome the bug. Also, exiting the dungeon through the main entrance and returning immediately sometimes fixes the glitch. If the adventurers near the beginning of the dungeon don't have blood around them, the pillars are likely glitched.
- Sometimes, when entering the room with two thrones, each with a draugr, two doors, and two levers, the right door will not open, nor is there any way to open it.
- After defeating the draugr lord and now on the way out there is small hallway with a fire trap leading back out to the beginning of the dungeon. It has a gate at both ends. The far one however when closed seems impossible to open. Sometimes, creating a new save near this area, quit/log out, then reload the new save, the glitch will fix itself.
- A permanent objective marker may be seen on Daynas Valen if Folgunthor has been cleared before starting Forbidden Legend, causing the quest to become impossible to complete,(on the objective-list).
- When Mikrul Gauldurson is killed, it is possible that his thralls don't die.
- Sometimes if you look at the Word Wall for a while, you supposedly don't learn it (keeps glowing and chanting) even though you just did.
- When returning from killing Mikrul Gauldurson, the iron gate leading out of the room containing the fire trap may not open even when the chain is activated. Re-starting the colsole fixes this.