|Location||Southeast of Riften|
|Sublocations||Forelhost Crypt, Forelhost Refectory, Forelhost Battlements|
|Quests||Siege on the Dragon Cult|
Dragon Priest Rahgot
Forelhost is directly southeast of Riften on the nearby mountain. There is a pathway on the southeast side of the mountain, just southwest of Broken Helm Hollow. The stone arches that line the pathway each have a soul gem powered flame or ice trap which does sustained damage of 200 points. These can be avoided by searching on the northeastern side of the mountain. East from Riften along the paved road and just across a small stone bridge is a single track that leads up to the right (south). Past a side path that leads up to Broken Helm Hollow, the path continues generally southwest, then curves to the north and eventually leads to an abandoned bandit tower. Up the tower steps and ramp, and across its bridge, a path leads to Forelhost, minus the flame traps. In the tower there is a frozen body on a bedroll near a pile of rubble with a snow covered expert-locked chest behind it.
Captain Valmir, an Altmer wearing the armor of whichever Civil War faction the Dragonborn is aligned with, gives the Siege on the Dragon Cult quest at this location. Forelhost Stronghold has several Dragon Cultists both in ghost and in physical form. See the quest article for a detailed walkthrough.
- The dragon priest mask Rahgot at the end (has an enchantment that gives 70 stamina)
- The Dragon Priest Staff (Wall of Fire).
- In the room with the dead spider, there are
- The Restoration skill book The Exodus.
- The remains of Dragon Cultists can be looted for Ancient Nord Armor
- Dragon Cultists can also drop a rare Dragon Priest Dagger.
- The Cultists are also a rich source of arrows - the archers will drop around 100 Ancient Nord Arrows each.
- Word Wall - Storm Call on battlements.
- The chest in the room where Rahgot is fought is a possible location for Kahvozein's Fang.
- Bone Meal
- Bleeding Crown
- Blue Mountain Flower
- Charred Skeever Hide
- Fire Salts
- Fly Amanita
- Glowing Mushroom
- Namiras Rot
- Nordic Barnicle
- Purple Mountain Flower
- Skeever Tail
- Spider Egg
- Slaughterfish Egg
- If the Dragonborn has not yet started the Civil war questline, the armor Valmir is wearing is determined by who was followed out of Helgen - Ralof or Hadvar for Stormcloak or Imperial, respectively.
In the hallways with the swinging axes, companions might get hit with an ax and get pushed into the wall, causing them to disappear (with a loud "squish" sound).
- Solution: use the "Wait" command.
- Glass Claw door will not rotate. Saving and reloading will fix this. The answer to this door is Fox, Owl, Snake. If the well lock is picked instead being opened with the key, the rings on the
- A jumping glitch, commonly found within the game, can be used to travel up the stone that houses the entrance to Forelhost, (just behind the large arch). This will allow climbing up to the upper walkway to get the Shout.
- In the Forelhost Refectory, if the Dragonborn runs back into the room where the Glass Claw was originally found while fighting Rahgot, the barred doorway may close after entering. If so, an object placed on the pressure plate where the Glass Claw was originally found should open the door.
- The door to the shortcut out, with a wooden plank attached to it, if activated incorrectly (unsure of how it happens), will open but the plank will stay down, unable to be moved, blocking the shortcut out.
- Glass Claw to open will not respond to the correct combination.
In some cases the door that uses the
- Solution: leave the area, then return.
- If the Dragonborn climbs up the mountain and stands on top of Forelhost, there will be some holes in the building that can be stood on to look inside Forelhost.
- Sometimes an entire section of the cage locking the Dragonborn out of the well will be missing, rendering the locked door pointless.
- Upon entering Forelhost Refectory, the game will crash with a screen similar to the screen with the Understone Keep bug. The opacity of the EXP bar remains low and the sound effects stop. This bug could be level dependent.
- If the Dragonborn acquires the word of power, and activates it before starting the quest, the game may freeze when trying to swim in the well at Forelhost Crypt.