Forgotten Vale Cave
Forgotten Vale Forest
Forgotten Vale Overlook
It is a large glacial valley hidden deep within the mountains on the border of northeastern High Rock and northwestern Skyrim. The Vale must first be accessed through Darkfall Cave during Touching the Sky: after it has been discovered, it can be fast travelled to, via the map.
The valley features its own unique flora and fauna and a handful of caves and subsections throughout. The area also contains a large concentration of Falmer, who have built a series of walkways and camps throughout a canyon leading to the Inner Sanctum, one of the last Snow Elf bastions left.
The valley is surrounded by vast, unscalable mountains making it completely isolated from the rest of Skyrim. It's split into two large areas which are separated by a narrow canyon. One side contains a waterfall that sits below a vast frozen lake and the other side is a snowy forest environment. The valley also seems to be rich in ore, with over 60 ore veins, making it a valuable source of metal required for smithing.
To get to the word wall, go to the Wayshrine of Resolution and go south onto the frozen lake. In the middle of the lake there is a stone jutting out, with a staircase leading up one side. Upon approaching this stone, the Dragonborn will learn a word of the shout Drain Vitality. The two Revered Dragons Voslaarum and Naaslaarum will then burst out of the ice if they have not done so already.
- Unknown Book, Vol. I - venturing further into the Vale, the book can be found at the bottom of the valley, after the encounter with the Frostbite Spiders. It's next to a Skeleton, Coin Purse, and unlocked chest.
- Unknown Book, Vol. II - Found in Forgotten Vale Overlook, by using the Paragon Platform and the Emerald Paragon.
- Unknown Book, Vol. III - after the shrine of resolution, in falmer territory, in a falmer hut.
- Unknown Book, Vol. IV - after exiting Glacial Crevice, the book can be found in the Falmer Village, all the way at the end, in a Falmer Warmonger's hut (the largest hut).
- Amethyst Paragon - On a Frost Giant at the base of the valley, on the northern end of the river, by the waterfall. Southeast of Paragon Platform.
- Diamond Paragon - Found on a Frost Giant just after exiting Glacial Crevice, to the left and up the hill past some falmer.
- Emerald Paragon - Found on a Frost Giant northwest of the Wayshrine of Resolution, up in the hills.
- Ruby Paragon - On a Frost Giant inside the Inner Sanctum, you need to open a secret passage using the Initiate's Ewer.
- Sapphire Paragon - The Frost Giant here is due east from the Shrine of Resolution.
- Hidden chests - Travel to the large ice field that two named dragons ambush the Dragonborn, Voslaarum and Naaslaarum. After the conclusion of the battle, jump into where the dragons emerged and swim around until a chest crushing a skeleton is located. Unless the Dragonborn have the means to breathe underwater, this can be dangerous, as there is a strong current under the ice that can easily pull the Dragonborn away from the hole used to enter the area. Depending on the length of the battle, the holes in the ice may be a long distance apart and difficult to find and surface at. Health potions may be drank to negate drowning damage. The chest is at the lake bottom around the midway point between the Word Wall and the southern waterfall. Next, head the waterfall located at the southernmost point. Jump into the water directly below the waterfall to find a chest among some ruins.
- Gold Sapphire Ring - In the hand of a skeleton with a Snowberry bush growing through its ribcage, on a rock above the Emerald Paragon Frost Giant.
- Frost Trolls
- Frost Giants
- Chaurus Hunter
- Vale Sabre Cats
- Frostbite Spiders
- Ice Wraiths
- Vale Deer