|Location||Southeast of Dawnstar|
|Sublocations||Fort Fellhammer Garrison|
Recover Hrolfdir's Shield
Striking the Heart
|Enemies||Bandits / Silver Hand|
The first time Fort Fellhammer is entered, it is inhabited by bandits. On subsequent visits, Silver Hand have taken up residence. In either case, the walkthrough is essentially the same. As with many of the semi-ruinous forts throughout Skyrim, there is a breach in the outer wall here, meaning the player can avoid the main entrance if planning a stealth attack.
Upon approaching the fort one will encounter several bandits / Silver Hand. The fort's rounded, spacious perimeter makes the enemy attacks easy to predict. After they have been cleared out, move to the top of the fort and enter the garrison.
Fort Fellhammer GarrisonEdit
This is a simple, two room affair. The Bandit Chief / Silver Hand Leader is in the second room. Dispatch him and Fort Fellhammer is safe. Grab the Fellhammer Mine Key from his corpse, loot the boss chest behind him and head back out to the fort.
Fort Fellhammer MinesEdit
The door to the mines is at the rear of the fort courtyard. Pick the expert lock, or use the key looted from the leader's corpse. The mine is spiral-shaped, looping around and under itself before ending abruptly. A shaft connects the two levels. A tripwire/rock fall trap can be found on the lower level, although it's likely an enemy will activate this before it is reached. There are eleven iron ore veins to mine, and the Heavy Armor Skill Book Orsinium and the Orcs to collect from the table on the lower level.
- Heavy Armor Skill Book Orsinium and the Orcs
- Plentiful iron ore
- Orcish Dagger (Garrison)
- Minor Health Potions (Garrison)
- Chest contents (Garrison)
- Garnet on top of a barrel at the far end of the mines.
- The Black Arrow, Book I
- Rising Threat, Vol IV
- Dwemer Inquiries Vol II
- Dwemer Inquiries Vol III
- The Song of Pelinal, Book VIII
- Orsinium and the Orcs
- Physicalities of Werewolves
- Possible location for the Rescue radiant quest if siding with the Dawnguard.
- Possible location for the Helm of Winterhold.
- The name of the fort is an anagram of the province of Hammerfell.
This section contains bugs related to Fort Fellhammer. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- Can suffer from a glitch where any ore in the mine will never respawn. There is no known fix or cause.