Fort Grief is a fort ruin located on an island in the Niben Bay in southern Cyrodiil. It serves as a human hunting ground for Kurdan gro-Dragol and plays a large role in the quest Caught in the Hunt. There is a lever at the entrance of the fort; activate it to open the caged doors.
- The Hunter's Run
- After crossing the bridge, head up the stairs and turn left. There are three traps in a row here: a hole-in-the-floor with spikes at the bottom, darts, and a trip rope that triggers poison gas.
- The Hunter's Abyss
- Requires keys from the first two hunters to access.
- Has more traps, specifically darts and poison gas.
- Loops back to The Hunter's Run, dumping out over the bridge.
- Sometimes there is a Khajiit hunter above after killing Kurdan.
- It is not possible to fast travel from the island while on it. It is possible to fast travel to it, but not from. However, to do so, simply swim out a few feet into the water and fast travel from there.
- There is a locked chest on the upper level of the above ground portion of the fort containing 2 bottles of Shadowbanish Wine, (the miscellaneous quest A Venerable Vintage). These respawn every few days.
- Fast travelling to the Fort makes the players horse stand on the dock, despite the fact there is no physical way of getting the creature there.