|Location||North of Windhelm|
|Quests||Rescue from Fort Kastav|
Fort Kastav is a fort located in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. It occupies a mountain pass north of Windhelm and south of the Shrine of Azura, along the main road that travels from Windhelm to Winterhold.
The fort is composed of a courtyard, a prison and the captain's quarters. A ritual table is found at the very top of the main structure, accessible by a ladder located in the Captain's Quarters.
The fort is initially inhabited by a group of Conjurers and several skeletons. If the Dragonborn sides with the Empire during the Civil War quests, the fort will be inhabited by Stormcloak soldiers after assignment of the Rescue from Fort Kastav quest. Once completed, the fort will be garrisoned by Empire soldiers.
Although the main road does not go through the fort itself, its close proximity makes it difficult to travel the road without being noticed and attacked if the fort contains enemies.
- Master Conjurer (in courtyard)
- Necromage (in courtyard and prison)
- Stormcloak soldiers (during the Rescue from Fort Kastav quest)
Fort Kastav Captain's Quarters
The higher part of the room contains a bed, an end table with a skill book and a ladder leading outside to the roof of the building. A chest is found in the lower section of the room as well as a key of the Fort Kastav Prison.
Fort Kastav Prison
The prison can be entered from the courtyard and from a grate outside the fort near the southern wall. The prison itself contains beds for the soldiers and guards and five cells similar in style to those found in other forts such as Fort Neugrad.
- An Alchemy Lab in the courtyard, if the fort is occupied by Conjurers.
- A Grindstone and Workbench if the fort is garrisoned by soldiers.
- Scroll of Conjure Frost Atronach (Captain's Quarters)
- The Block skill book Warrior (Captain's Quarters)
- Void Salts (on the ritual table)
- The Master Conjurer will present a formidable challenge to the Dragonborn at lower levels. Adequate fire and ice resistance may prove useful.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)