Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Location||Southeast of Helgen|
|Sublocations||Fort Neugrad Prison|
|Quests||Liberation of Skyrim|
|Location ID||See IDs|
The fort is composed of a jail and a main hall. The fort is initially held by Bandits. Upstairs in the southeast room is a boss-level bandit leader who will remain inactive until his door is opened. He also holds the Fort Neugrad Library Key, which opens an otherwise pickable lock in the south side of the dining hall downstairs. Inside is a hostile NPC mage by the name of Brandish. Jornibret's Last Dance, a light armor skill book, is in the library section of the main hall.
As a Stormcloak, the next objective after freeing the prisoners is to take out the remaining Imperials, (about 10), and the Fort Commander with the help of Ralof. Up the stairs inside the building in one of the rooms is a ladder on one of the walls, (easy to overlook).
Early in the game, the fort is occupied by Bandits. The key can be obtained from the chief. After completing the Rescue From Fort Neugrad quest during the Liberation of Skyrim, the fort is occupied by the Stormcloak force that previously occupied the Falkreath Stormcloak Camp. This leads to the disappearance of the Falkreath Stormcloak Camp from the World Map and Skyrim. The fort is upgraded in the same fashion as Fort Greymoor after "Battle for Whiterun."
The Bandits may still inhabit the facility even after completing the full Civil War questline if the player joined the Imperials.
- Jornibret's Last Dance (Light Armor) — can be found in the library.
- From the wine cellar, go behind the cupboard, down to the pond and directly on the left side in the water is a locked chest.
- To get to the chest mentioned in the map: Go around the fort until you get to the lake's edge. Follow the left side of the lake. Continue following the shore until you see a flat area some rocks that surround the chest, approximately at the middle of the lake. The chest can be found here.
- Rescue from Fort Neugrad – The Dragonborn is given the task of gaining entrance to the fort, (either by sneaking in via underwater passage in the lake near the dock, or barging in the front gates), and freeing a group of Stormcloak prisoners.
- "Neugrad" has the elements "neu" (German for "new") and "grad," a common Slavic word for "city."
- The fort's prison has a secret passage to and from the bottom of the lake.
This section contains bugs related to Fort Neugrad. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- There is a glitch which sometimes does not allow players to initiate a chain of events for one of the Stormcloak missions. By using the console command (open the console by pressing the tilde (~) button on the keyboard) and typing
movetoqt CWMission04. This will teleport the Dragonborn into the cell of a prisoner that is supposed to be rescued. The (Novice) lock will have to be picked to get out of the cell.
The chest referred to in the treasure map is sometimes absent.
- Version 1.03 fixed this issue.
- The missing chest seems to be caused by jumping off of the tower roof where the chest containing the treasure map is found. Reload a previous save seems to make the chest present.
- Entering the fort through the underwater entrance may cause followers to walk as if they were not in water.