Fortify Smithing is a property of alchemical ingredients and enchanted apparel. It only affects the improvement of weapons and armor at grindstones and workbenches, not the creation of these items at a forge.
The following ingredients also contain this effect:
The following potions cannot be made, but are sold by Apothecary merchants. It should be noted that when using a potion, the 30 second timer will continue during the smithing process itself.
|Blacksmith's Potion||For 30 seconds, weapon and armor improving is 20% better.||0003eb2e|
|Blacksmith's Draught||For 30 seconds, weapon and armor improving is 30% better.||0003995d|
|Blacksmith's Philter||For 30 seconds, weapon and armor improving is 40% better.||00039962|
|Blacksmith's Elixir||For 30 seconds, weapon and armor improving is 50% better.||00039967|
The Fortify Smithing enchantment can be learned by finding one of the following items and disenchanting it : Artifacts and unique items that use the effect include:
- Silver-Blood Family Ring
- The Forgemaster's Fingers
- Notched Pickaxe (Does not bear the enchantment itself, but has the same effect.)
- Armor sold by Blacksmiths or General Goods Traders.
- Armor looted from chests and various enemies.
The following items can be enchanted with Fortify Smithing:
- Crafted potions of fortify smithing may not affect armor/weapon improvement if perks have not been placed in smithing. Perks allow armor/weapons to be improved beyond base improvement. A potion's percentage seems to affect this difference only.