|Effect||Increases Smithing skill.|
|Form ID||0003EB1D - (Alchemy)|
0007A102 - (Enchanting)
Fortify Smithing is a property of alchemical ingredients and enchanted apparel. It only affects the improvement of weapons and armor at grindstones and workbenches, not the creation of these items at a forge.
The following ingredients also contain this effect:
The following potions cannot be made, but are sold by Apothecary merchants. It should be noted that when using a potion, the 30 second timer will continue during the smithing process itself.
|Blacksmith's Potion||For 30 seconds, weapon and armor improving is 20% better.||0003eb2e|
|Blacksmith's Draught||For 30 seconds, weapon and armor improving is 30% better.||0003995d|
|Blacksmith's Philter||For 30 seconds, weapon and armor improving is 40% better.||00039962|
|Blacksmith's Elixir||For 30 seconds, weapon and armor improving is 50% better.||00039967|
The Fortify Smithing enchantment can be learned by finding one of the following items and disenchanting it: Artifacts and unique items that use the effect include:
- Silver-Blood Family Ring
- The Forgemaster's Fingers
- Notched Pickaxe (does not bear the enchantment itself, but has the same effect).
- Armor sold by Blacksmiths or General Goods Merchants.
- Armor looted from chests and various enemies.
The following types of items can be enchanted with Fortify Smithing:
- Crafted potions of fortify smithing may not affect armor or weapon improvement if perks have not been placed in smithing. Perks allow armor and weapons to be improved beyond base improvement. A potion's percentage seems to affect this difference only.
- To achieve the maximum percent increase for Fortify Smithing Potions of 130%, one must use four 29% enchanted armor pieces of Alchemy to craft the potion. Then, for the actual smithing, one must then combine this potion with four 29% enchanted armor pieces of smithing for maximum smithing upgrades to items (using smithing-specific items only).