|Effect||Increases Sneak skill.|
|Form ID||0003EB22 - (Alchemy)|
0007A103 - (Enchanting)
Fortify Sneak is both an Alchemical Effect (found on certain ingredients) and an enchantment effect in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. Potions/Enchanted armor with this effect may be created at an Alchemy Labs/Enchanting Table or purchased from alchemist merchants/Blacksmiths.
- Main article: Blessings
The Blessing of Nocturnal provides 10% Fortify Sneak for 8 in-game hours (24 real-life minutes.)
- Main article: Alchemy (Skyrim)
Potions with Fortify Sneak increase the target's Sneak skill by making the target harder to detect for a certain length of time. The strength of the effect is determined by the Alchemy skill of the alchemist that brewed the potion.
- Main article: Ingredients (Skyrim)
Combining any 2 or more of the following ingredients at an Alchemy Lab produces a potion or poison with the Fortify Sneak effect.
- Abecean Longfin
- Ashen Grass Pod DR
- Beehive Husk
- Frost Mirriam
- Hawk Feathers
- Human Flesh
- Powdered Mammoth Tusk
- Purple Mountain Flower
- Main article: Enchanting (Skyrim)
- Boots, Necklaces, and Rings of (Major/Minor/Extreme/Eminent/Peerless) Sneaking
This section contains bugs related to Fortify Sneak. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If you have fortify sneak enchants under 'active effects' that accumulate to over an extra 100%, every percent over 100 will cause it to reverse making you less stealthy. e.g.: if you have a fortify sneak effects cumulated to 150%, your sneak effectiveness will be of 50% (confirmed on Xbox 360)
- This may also occur with a few other select skills such as: lockpicking; pickpocket and speech (speech unconfirmed) (also unconfirmed if the issue is fixed with a patch)
- As of Skyrim Official Patch 1.3 the enchantment version of Fortify Sneak has been fixed, decreasing the likelihood of being detected, rather than increasing it.