This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
Hello folks, Just recently, after riding Shadowmere to the Markath stables and spending some time finishing a quest there, I am no longer able to ride this horse. I can ride any other horse in the game but not Shadowmere.
I have tried using "Unrelenting Force" to move the horse - in case it just happened to be the area causing the bug - but no luck. I have also tried killing the horse and coming back after 10 days of game time but I still cannot rid him.
Fast travelling to other stables has no effect either, he is locked to staying at Markath.Has anyone else encountered this? I'd really love to be able to use this horse again, especially so now that horse back combat is on the way.
Sorry I should have mentioned that. It's PC. Is there any console command to remove Shadowmere from the world and resummon him?
Sign my posts with what sorry?
- Its either 1) your not worthy of the night mothers aid
- 2)You can try to spawn shadowmere in again (don't remember the exact command)
- 3) restart computer
- 4) restart skyrim
- 5) reload to just before you got shadowmere
- 6) rage, kill everything that is killable, download kill children mod as well as mods to make immortals mortal, and leave skyrim an empty place due to not being able to ride shadowmere Mask2697 (talk) 16:35, May 26, 2012 (UTC)
- 6 Sounds like it could be fun!
- I've completely all of the Dark Brotherhood quests and am just on the repeatable missions given from the NightmDr.
- 3 and 4 do not have any effect. I will look up a complete list of console commands and see if I can find the one I need.
- I might try that mod, I do know the one you are refering to, but as I can kill Shadowmere and wait for him to be respwaned 10 days later I do not see it working.
- Thanks for the quick response.
Sorry, meant to be more clear about it, you sign posts with 4 tilde's. This symbol "~" Anyways, mask is right about console commands.
1.Open console, click shadowmere
2.type "disable" no quotes, shadowmere should disappear
3.type "help shadowmere 4" to bring up his base id
4.type "player.placeatme (shadowmere base id) 1" no parenthesis either lol
Thanks Shepheitz, that sounds great. I was fooling around with console commands but never tried those. I will give those a try later and let you know.
EDIT: Shepheitz, I love you dude!! That worked perfectly. I am so pleased I can ride this horse again. Thanks a ton for all the help on here. I hope this will help someone else out too.
184.108.40.206 09:04, May 27, 2012 (UTC)