This Forum has been archivedVisit the new Forums
I remember when I used to get really hyped about Skyrim because of their accomplishments with Morrowind and Oblivion. I remember when no one actually gave a freaking s*** about Skyrim. And now that everyone loves it and only know Bethesda because of Skyrim I loathe it. I will probably like it again when everyone else stops liking it... —This unsigned comment is by Microbat (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- You are the reason why people don't want to live on this planet anymore. --220.127.116.11 23:06, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Saying that I'm the reason people don't want to live on this planet actually really offends me. I'm fine with being called names at my school and being picked on, but I don't like comments that I can't get rid of bullying me, especially if everyone can see it... —This unsigned comment is by Microbat (talk • contribs) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- My comment is a play on this meme. I didn't put it there to offend you, I just tried to point out that you're acting like hipster kitty, and it's a well known fact that hipsters make this planet uninhabitable. Sorry if I offended you, I really didn't mean to ... well I did a little -- you said you hated Skyrim after all :) --18.104.22.168 23:38, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
- So you're mad because it's mainstream? Bioniclepluslotr</span> 23:45, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
- No, I'm mad because everyone has always treated me unfairly for playing Morrowind and Oblivion and have said that Skyrim's probably going to be crap too, but as soon as it's out everyone loves it and people who don't love it are the idiots! I realise now that I want to like the Elder Scrolls games and I don't want many other people to like them. This may sound wierd but I WANT almost everyone to hate the Elder Scrolls games. It's more fun that way. But that's not possible now, so I at least want everyone to realise that Morrowind and Oblivion were good too. At the moment whenever you see a video on Youtube comparing the Elder Scrolls games or a post talking about them all you'll also see a lot of people in the comments saying "Skyrim's the best" or "Skyrim's my favourite" even though they probably haven't even played the others! Skyrim's a great game, but I just can't play it at the moment!
- Well, speaking from the point of view of someone that started playing The Elder Scrolls back on PC in 2-D when you could still do things like climb walls and there was an actual Fly spell, I've found that Bethesda really pissed the franchise down the toilet with Skyrim. Morrowind and Oblivion were absolutely incredible games and a real tribute to the action RPG (or whatever the christ these things are called) genre. Skyrim is quite simply in one word, annoying. It's as if they rifled through hours of youtube videos and forums posts about how people found Oblivion and Morrowind tricks and went on a rampage to screw them. The fact that you can't train to 100 is stupid, plain and simple. The fact that you can only train 5 times a level is even stupider. The stupidity of these two things is so profound it can only be attributed to higher education...you would have HAD to have gone to college to be able to think up something that stupid. Given how difficult it is to come by money, since until you're trained high enough in speech to fence stolen goods to a merchant (STUPID), all you have to sell is stuff you come by on the road, plus the fact that most merchants at best only have about 2000 gold (STUPID) unless again you're trained high enough in Speech to invest in them which again is a royal pain in the ass because even when you find the speech trainer, you can only train to 90 and it can only be 5 times per level. (STUPID) So, in summation, these focal points of my irritation, along with a laundry list of others, have simply brought me to the only logical place....Skyrim is stupid. Plain and simple. It is an awful addition to the franchise, an embarrassment to the series, and is the main reason I'm going to return to the older games of Morrowind and Oblivion and try to forget that Skyrim exists....much the same way I have with every album Metallica made after the Black album.
- Well here I was, reading this post and thinking "ah...one of those people..." You know: they love a band and can't/won't STFU about them to anyone within earshot but -- GASP! -- once they have more than 50 fans, said band suddenly sucks. Better yet, back in the GOOD OLD DAYS OF RECORD STORES, one of the employees who, no matter what CD you were buying, would say something to the effect of "Yeah...this one's...okay...but their older stuff is SO MUCH BETTER...you should definitely check some of their OLDER STUFF out" (and if you happened to respond with something like "yeah, I have every single one of their albums, singles, imports, etc..." they would just exhibit a textbook example of Reaction Formation and act like you said something less threatening).
- But SON-OF-A-VONDRUK, you seem to have a few semi-legit or at least sincere gripes. I'm mainly a console guy (though since I'm a total history nerd, I'm addicted to the Total War series the Realism mods like Europa Barbarorum and Broken Crescent, and somehow even taught myself to mod them and everything, except for the stuff past Medieval 2...modding M2TW took years off of my life), I was quite addicted to Fallout 3 and New Vegas (I'm finally gonna download 1 and 2 off of Steam), and I feel kinda awkward commenting on Morrowind or older hardcore PC style RPGs.
- Re: your specific gripes, not being able to train to 100 is a pretty minor nag (what bothers me is how the College/Winterhold has different standards for when you start the Master level stuff, cause leveling up Restoration to 100 is a BEE-OTCH...).
- The amount of gold most merchants have is pretty lame as well, but seriously, did you ever try this thing called Alchemy or these other oddities called Fortify Barter gear or the Masque of Clavicus Vile? ; P Problem solved. I've gone through the game and made huge amounts of gold by going on shopping sprees with the MoCV (giving a septim to a beggar never hurts either), along with some pricy potions that aren't exactly rocket science to make, and some enchanted crap that is equally easy to throw together (Speaking of dumb aspects of the game, I still don't understand why stuff with Banish is so expensive--I have yet to once even be ina situation where spells or enchanted weaponss with Banish would be even worth 1/10 the trouble), and I never took any Speech perks aside from Haggling 1/5, Allure, and Merchant. With those three, along with a Necklace of ____ Haggling and the MoCV, the world is yours (unless, perhaps, you aren't doing the Thieves Guild thing).
- If those are your only real complaints I really have to wonder how much you've played the game. And FWIW, Metallica have been dead to me since my 12-year-old ass (c.1991) heard Slayer (same with Megadeth...blegh...sorry--remembered the guitar parts to Sympthony of Destruction and threw up in my mouth there). Timfever (talk) 22:27, April 4, 2012 (UTC)
- I really can't be bothered to reply to all of that. It's late and that's alot of words. I've read it and you've got a lot of good points, half of which are not in any way related to the topic. I just want to say one thing at the moment. I said I hate that people always hated the Elder Scrolls games (including Skyrim) up until around December for some reason. I've been bullied for liking it. Tell me how that's fair. I bet you can't. I also want to say that most of the people who play Skyrim don't know about any of the other 7 games yet they talk about it like they know everything. I'd like to hear what you have to say to that! Goodnight!