|Skill Level||Adept (50)|
|Effect||Creatures and people up to level 14 will attack anyone nearby for 60 seconds.|
- Frenzied targets become hostile to everything around them, and will attack the nearest or most threatening target (so if the player uses Frenzy on a target, then hits them with damaging spells, the target will most likely attack the player). Using an Invisibility spell or potion, or remaining undetected by other means, will cause the Frenzied character to seek out another target.
- If the enemy happens to fight in groups (i.e. wolves or bandits), other members of their group will become hostile to them, and will attack them before attacking the player if they present a more available target.
- It is important to note that Frenzy raises the inclination for the target to attack anything, not just the player or a specific enemy, which may cause strange effects with the Radiant AI (characters killing each other, etc).
- This spell is useful when the player needs to kill someone, for a quest or otherwise, but doesn't wish to be prosecuted for assault or murder, as killing someone in self-defense is not a crime. However, casting frenzy on a friendly character within sight of a guard might result in an arrest.
- By raising the effectiveness of Illusion magic and using dual-handed spellcasting, it is possible to Frenzy just about ANY enemy (except Dragons). Even extremely high level enemies may be Frenzied, including Draugr Death Overlords, Dwarven Centurion Masters, Forsworn Briarhearts, Falmer Shadowmasters, etc. It will also prove to be much more effective than its Master level counterpart, Mayhem.
A frenzy spell may also be a good way to train weapon skills. The spell may be used to anger a character that can't die (a character needed to complete a quest), and once the character begins to attack, the player may then fight back without being arrested. About 20 seconds later, the character should get back up, and the player may resume the fight.
Also an effective way of Hunting without Archery, or a destruction spell, it can cause Deer, and Elk to close to hand weapon range. This can level weapon skills, and provide leather for Smithing. One can alternate casting Pacify to quickly power level Illusion with large groups of NPCs such as Stormcloaks/Imperials/Forsworn.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 330
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
The following ingredients may be used in any combination of two or three to create a Potion of Frenzy:
| Call to Arms • Calm • Clairvoyance • Courage • Fear • Frenzy • Fury • Harmony • Hysteria • Invisibility |
Mayhem • Muffle • Pacify • Rally • Rout • Vision of the Tenth Eye
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Illusion Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • The College of Winterhold • Illusion trainers|