Frida is the oldest woman in Dawnstar and has thus experienced a lot during her years. In youth, despite being a thing of beauty, Frida was a battle maiden defending Dawnstar from bandits and wild animals alongside with her friend Thoring. In one particular event 20 years ago, the Jarl's son was kidnapped and the citizens had to drag out the kidnapper, Hildolf the Skull-Splitter, from a cave. She remembers her husband's courage from that day.
Before she married, she found Jarl Skald the Elder, titled "the Younger" at the time, quite handsome and thought of courtship with. However, she married a man whom she opened up the Mortar and Pestle with. They were in love and used to go out in the wilderness and collect ingredients together. He called her his "pretty Juniper," which she remarks is quite romantic, if one is an alchemist. Unfortunately, he passed away several seasons ago, leaving her to tend the shop by herself. Frida only has nothing but memories of her husband now.
Retrieve the Ring of Pure MixturesEdit
Frida tasks the Dragonborn with retrieving the Ring of Pure Mixtures, a ring that fortifies alchemy, from the Forsaken Cave. The jewelry serves as a memento of her dead husband. After the ring is returned to Frida, it can be bought from her.
- "No. I don't have anything for bad dreams, so don't ask." — Before Waking Nightmare
- "Frost took my husband years ago. He was a good man."
- "My children all grew up and left Dawnstar to make their fortune."
- "A stamina potion maybe? Popular with the young men."
- "Let me know if you come down with the Rattles."
- Frida talk about Brina Merilis as if she grew up in Dawnstar, although this is not the case.
- The guards refer to Frida as a "grump."
This section contains bugs related to Frida. Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- She may not give the quest to get the ring, if any other radiant quest is active.
- The Ring of Pure Mixtures may not be obtainable if the radiant location has already been visited prior to receiving the quest.
- When giving Frida the ring, sometimes the alchemy point may not be gained, this seems to happen when you are close to leveling up in alchemy.