Frodnar and Dorthe will sometimes talk about dressing up Stump as a Frostbite Spider. They can be seen sitting together on a bench outside the Inn in Riverwood. They like to play with Frodnar's dog Stump and play other games such as tag. They can be played with.
Frodnar hopes to join the Stormcloak Army upon coming of age. Sometimes, when he stands up, and spoken to, a part of a knife is visible in his torso. When he's attacked, he will flee holding an Iron Dagger.
Frodnar is known to make people mad because he is annoying. Shouting or casting magic around him triggers a conversation where he asks to be turned invisible. If any armor or clothing is unequipped in front of him, Frodnar will yell "Naked! Naked, naked, naked!" If he witnesses the Dragonborn absorbing a dragon's soul, he will only say "Go away."
In The Elder Scrolls V: Hearthfire, if his parents are killed, he will be sent to Honorhall Orphanage. He can be adopted. When he is sent to Honorhall, Stump goes with him temporarily. If Frodnar is adopted, Stump does not go with him but goes back to Riverwood. If Frodnar isn't adopted, Stump eventually shows up at Riverwood again.
- Dropping an item near Frodnar will sometimes prompt him to pick up the item and hand it back saying, "I think you dropped this, good thing I gave it back to you, huh?"
- "Get me mad, and I'll prank'ya. Not a little, a lot."
- "You gotta have something better to do that just sit around and talk to me all day"
- "My friend Dorthe doesn't like my pranking, she says 'You're being mean, Frodnar!'. So what if I am."
- "Oh my, everybody around here is so serious."
- "I hope monsters come and eat you!" (if you killed his parents or his dog)
- "What do you think you're doing?" (when he witnesses a crime)
- "Leave me alone!" (if he is attacked)
- If he catches the Dragonborn stealing, he may put a contract out on them.
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (First appearance)