- Main article: Dragon Shouts
Frost Breath is a dragon shout in The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim.
Frost Breath will allow the Dragonborn to shout a frost force in front of the Dragonborn (area of effect: 40-50 feet). Enemies within the area of effect will suffer powerful frost damage for 5 seconds.
Frost Breath is identical to Fire Breath, particularly in terms of raw damage, but as with all frost attacks it has the additional benefit of slowing enemies down, and providing a tactical advantage or time to flee the encounter. It is also particularly useful against frost-vulnerable enemies such against Flame Atronachs and fire-breathing dragons.
Locations: Bonestrewn Crest, Folgunthur, and Skyborn Altar
|Pah WERID SONaaN LUNERIO|
WEN YUVON LOVaaS MeyZ
FO HET KO VULON
|All praise Bard Lunerio|
whose golden music became
frost here in night.
|HET NOK BRIT KaaZ ANURASSA|
WEN FaaD NIS KOS EVENaaR
ORIN NaaL KRah DINOK
|Here lies (the) beautiful Khajiit Anurassa|
whose warmth cannot be extinguished
even by cold death.
|WULFIN WahLaaN QETHSEGOL JUDii|
VahRUKT HREFNA RUVaaK-OM
WEN MiiN DiiN SOS
DO Naan JUL
|Wulfin raised (this) stone in memory of his queen|
whose eyes froze (the) blood
of any king.
- Draugr death overlords may use Frost Breath at higher levels.
- The Dragonborn's Frost Breath and dragons' Frost Breath are different. The Dragonborn's Frost Breath is actually more similar to the dragons' 'Ice Storm Shout' (it is like an iceball or ice arrow) rather than dragons' traditional frost Shouts, which are more of a continuous spray, much like the Dragons' Fire Breath.
- The ability Dragonborn Frost (acquired from the main quest of Dragonborn) turns this shout into an advanced version of the Ice Form shout. This can be an alternative to Ice Form, since Frost Breath does more damage and has a shorter cooldown, but with much shorter freeze time.
- Felldir, dragons, frost dragons and blood dragons use Frost Breath.
- The description of the shout reads, "Your breath is winter, you Thu'um a blizzard." This is almost certainly a typo. - False. A Dragon Shout is called a "Thu'um." Therefore "to Thu'um" would be "to shout" and "you Thu'um" would be "you shout."
| Animal Allegiance • Aura Whisper • Become Ethereal • Call Dragon • Call of Valor • Clear Skies • Disarm • Dismay |
Dragonrend • Elemental Fury • Fire Breath • Frost Breath • Ice Form • Kyne's Peace • Marked for Death • Slow Time
Storm Call • Throw Voice • Unrelenting Force • Whirlwind Sprint
|Drain Vitality • Soul Tear • Summon Durnehviir|
|Battle Fury • Bend Will • Cyclone • Dragon Aspect|
|Amulet of Talos • Dragon Alphabet • Dragon Language • Shrine of Talos • Tongues • Word Wall|