Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Frost Giants are rare creatures, most seem to be located in the frozen Forgotten Vale during The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard. They are more powerful than common giants and have double the amount of health.
During the events in Dawnguard, five frost giants can be encountered in specific locations in the Forgotten Vale, as part of the quest "Touching the Sky."
Frost Giants stand between 11 and 12 feet tall. They have a white-blue tint, horned head with four eyes and armed with claws. Their deep breathing often gives their presence away, as with their common cousins and Trolls.
Frost Giants are typically passive like ordinary Giants, but are fiercely territorial and won't hesitate to attack anything that ventures too close. After being killed, they will not respawn.
The following are the frost giants abilities and weaknesses:
- Ruby Paragon - Held by the frost giant in the Inner Sanctum.
- Diamond Paragon - Held by the frost giant near Glacial Crevice in Forgotten Vale.
- Amethyst Paragon - Held by the frost giant near the Wayshrine of Learning.
- Sapphire Paragon - Held by the frost giant near the Wayshrine of Resolution.
- Emerald Paragon - Held by the frost giant's corpse, near Sharpslope Cave.
The unique Frost Giant Karstaag appears during the quests "Hircine's Hunt":
- Karstaag is the king of a Rieklings' tribe, who inhabit Castle Karstaag in the northern shore of Solstheim. He is defeated by the Nerevarine during the quest "Hircine's Hunt" in Bloodmoon.
His ghost resurfaces during the unmarked quest "Summoning Karstaag":
- His ghost reappears, when the Dragonborn summons and defeats him in Castle Karstaag Ruins. From this the Dragonborn gains the ability to summon him three more times, as an ally.
|Creatures and Enemies (The Elder Scrolls V: Dawnguard)|
|Named Creatures||Arvak • Bran • CuSith • The Forgemaster • Garmr • Naaslaarum • Sceolang • The Reaper • Voslaarum|
|Docile Creatures||Ancestor Moth • Armored Troll • Armored Frost Troll • Bone Hawk • Frost Giant |
Husky • Shellbug • Vale Deer • Soul Wisp
|Hostile Creatures|| Ancient Frost Atronach • Chaurus Hunter • Chaurus Hunter Fledgling • Death Hound |
Falmer Warmonger • Feral Falmer • Frozen Chaurus • Frozen Falmer • Gargoyle (Brute • Sentinel)
Legendary Dragon • Revered Dragon • Spriggan Earth Mother • Vale Sabre Cat
|Undead||Boneman • Keeper • Mistman • Wrathman • Nightlord Vampire • Nightmaster Vampire|