- Frost Salts can be looted from Frost Atronachs.
- Can be found in the unmarked cave The Chill, which serves as the prison for Winterhold.
- 3 can be found in Mistveil Keep in Riften, in the room with the Arcane Enchanter. They can be found on the shelves.
- 2 can be found in Harmugstahl, on a shelf in Kornalus' room.
- 2 can be found at Proudspire Manor in Solitude, once an alchemy station is purchased.
- On necromancer's shelves inside Ilinalta's Deep.
- Aretino Residence, in Windhelm, on the shelf with the knapsack.
- Snapleg Cave, on a table inside a tent.
- In player owned houses, after buying the Alchemy Laboratory.
- In the Hall of Countenance, on top of a barrel in Drevis Neloren's room.
- May be found on Falmer.
- May be found on hostile mages.
- Can be bought from Alchemist's shops.
- Sometimes found in Apothecary's Satchels.
- In The Mortar and Pestle in Dawnstar upstairs on a dresser next to the bed.
Frost Salts can be crafted at the Atronach Forge with the following ingredients:
With the Dawnguard add-on, Frost Salts are also used in the crafting of Exploding steel or Exploding Dwarven bolts of ice. These can only be crafted at the forge in Fort Dawnguard after completing the relevant Dawnguard "Ancient Technology" quests.
|Weakness to Fire||Resist Frost||Restore Magicka||Fortify Conjuration|
† multiple effects
- A unique variation of Frost Salts, named "Farengar's Frost Salts," can be obtained from Farengar Secret-Fire to deliver to Arcadia. Aside from the name, they are identical to regular Frost Salts: they are the same weight and value. However, they cannot be eaten, like regular frost salts.