Frostbite is a Novice-level destruction spell. Casting it projects a continuous stream of cold through one or two palms. It slows enemies down while doing a base damage of 8 points per second to the target's health and stamina. It costs 16 magicka per second. This spell is one of the basic Destruction spells along with Flames and Sparks.
- Frostbite must be used during the quest, Revealing the Unseen, to focus the Oculory. Aim the spell at the Dwarven apparatus to move the beams of light onto the ceiling.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 47
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- For purchase:
- Calcelmo in Understone Keep
- Falion in Falion's House
- Farengar Secret-Fire in Dragonsreach
- Belethor's General Goods in Whiterun
- Niranye in The White Hall
- Nelacar at The Frozen Hearth
- Lucan Valerius the Riverwood Trader
- Sybille Stentor at the Blue Palace
- Enthir at the College of Winterhold
- Wuunferth the Unliving at the Palace of the Kings
- Wylandriah in Mistveil Keep
- In Skyrim:
- Frostbite creates harmless "ice shards" if cast on an object or on ground.
- Despite the majority of the population of Skyrim being frost-resistant Nords, frostbite is a very commonly used spell by hostile characters in the game.
- Mage-type Draugr commonly use this spell in battle.
- Casting it at the ground at an approaching enemy will cause minor damage to them when they walk over it, as well as some damage over time. Ice Storm and the Frost Breath shout also have this effect.
This section contains bugs related to Frostbite (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the attack button is just barely tapped while the spell is equipped it may lock the animation in the hand to that of casting the spell, rather than the inactive animation. Tapping again or casting the spell corrects this.
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Spell Tomes plug-in)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
|Arniel's Convection • Blizzard • Chain Lightning • Fire Storm • Fireball • Firebolt • Fire Rune • Flame Cloak • Flames • Frost Cloak • Frostbite • Frost Rune • Ice Spike • Ice Storm • Incinerate • Icy Spear • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Cloak • Lightning Rune • Lightning Storm • Sparks • Thunderbolt • Wall of Flames • Wall of Frost • Wall of Storms • Vampiric Drain|
|Freeze • Ignite • Whirlwind Cloak|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Destruction Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Destruction trainers • Runes • Disintegrate|