Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Frostbite must be used during the quest, Revealing the Unseen, to focus the Oculory. Aim the spell at the Dwarven apparatus to move the beams of light onto the ceiling.
- Weight: 1
- Value: 47
- See Spell Tome for a complete table of spell tomes, their descriptions, and their values.
- General goods merchants sometimes sell the tome.
- Nelacar at The Frozen Hearth, if his path is taken in The Black Star.
- Can be bought from Lucan Valerius in the Riverwood Trader.
- The stone table atop the Oculory in Mzulft.
- May be found on enemy spellcasters.
- Sometimes found in chests.
- Faralda at the College of Winterhold sells the tome.
- Court Wizards sell the tome.
- Frostbite creates harmless "ice shards" if cast on an object or on ground.
- Despite the majority of the population of Skyrim being frost-resistant Nords, frostbite is a very commonly used spell by hostile characters in the game.
- Mage-type Draugr commonly use this spell in battle. It is also used by Novice Ice Mages, Cryomancers, and some Vampires.
- Casting it at the ground at an approaching enemy will cause minor damage to them when they walk over it, as well as some damage over time. Ice Storm and the Frost Breath shout also have this effect.
This section contains bugs related to Frostbite (Skyrim). Before adding a bug to this list, consider the following:
- If the attack button is just barely tapped while the spell is equipped it may lock the animation in the hand to that of casting the spell, rather than the inactive animation. Tapping again or casting the spell corrects this.
- The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
- The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
- The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Spell Tomes plug-in)
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
|Arniel's Convection • Blizzard • Chain Lightning • Fire Storm • Fireball • Firebolt • Fire Rune • Flame Cloak • Flames • Frost Cloak • Frostbite • Frost Rune • Ice Spike • Ice Storm • Incinerate • Icy Spear • Lightning Bolt • Lightning Cloak • Lightning Rune • Lightning Storm • Sparks • Thunderbolt • Wall of Flames • Wall of Frost • Wall of Storms • Vampiric Drain|
|Freeze • Ignite • Whirlwind Cloak|
|Schools of Magic|
|Alteration • Conjuration • Destruction • Illusion • Restoration|
|Destruction Ritual Spell • Magicka • Perks • Magic • College of Winterhold • Destruction trainers • Runes • Disintegrate|